We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Which Caneel Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas, USA
reviews: 19
Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Hi,

What is the best way to book Caneel Bay? I saw that Expedia has the best prices (including breakfast), but I don't want to get "screwed" by booking through a third party. What do most people do? We plan on going in July. Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 16
1. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

We just booked using an amazing travel agent. They do. Barge $50 pp, but we got a great deal with some extras thrown in as they are a huge booker for them.

When I am spending that much money, I prefer to do it with a real person

Pennsylvania
2. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

We are planning on returning for our 20th anniversary next summer. Would you share the contact information for your agent? PM me if you prefer.

NY metro
reviews: 3
3. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

I usually book through Rosewood, Now I will probably call the resort directly. I shop around the sites first including United Airlines Luxury Collection and they do usually throw in the B&B and promise an upgrade if available.

I usually travel in late Jan./Feb. so the upgrade becomes less likely. The bkfast is a 50 dollar/night savings. However, being a frequent guest that may be known to the house can result in some occasional extra services/amenities

I have generally found that calling a hotel or resort directly, armed with any site booking info, will usually result in the best fair rate.

Edited: 1:01 pm, November 08, 2013
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
4. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Ngatti! Check your private messages please :)

Corydon, Indiana
reviews: 1
5. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

I just checked the rates on Expedia and they are very marginally better (our rate for next year is $2 a day lower). We use a Travel Agent because we have one and as Tink said, if they book frequently, you can get a few extras thrown in. Expedia's 'free WiFi and parking" are included for everyone. I have found the agent is the best way to get the room you want, but calling direct to the desk helps too.

Kama'aina Wannabe...
reviews: 18
6. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Use a Virtuoso Travel Agent like David Ourisman who frequently posts on flyer talk. Upgrades, bfast included, etc.

Edited: 1:38 am, January 21, 2014
New Jersey
reviews: 7
7. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

We wanted to stay at Caneel for our last trip but availability for full wk was an issue. So we are looking into this summer but I am confused by the new web sites quoting options for instance they show one summer w/breakfast option then a B&B option and they appear to be the same except for price and then it is not clear if the transport from stt is included. So when I'm ready I figured I would call them

Tinkerbelldee, I hope you post a review or report . Have a terrific trip .

Edited: 9:11 am, January 21, 2014
Corydon, Indiana
8. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Just answered this on another thread so I am familiar with the issue a little. The less expensive option requires a minimum stay of 3 nights. Transport is not included unless it specifically says so (Allure package, simply Caneel package). Go to the "offers" tab, where what is included is spelled out.

Asheville, North...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Caneel, like any resort, is paying at least 20% to Expedia. Find the dates you want on Expedia then call the resort directly and tell them you will pay 5% or so over they get on their Expedia reservations. You should be able to easily get a booking at about 10-15%% off advertised Rack.

roxie456
10. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

My Wife and I just booked our trip last week and found that American Express's travel site had the lowest price we could find using all of the sites mentioned above.

Reply to: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay