We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in St. John

Sewell, NJ
reviews: 3
Where to eat in St. John

So I have read thru alot of the posts and it looks like most people recommend Chateau Bordeaux, Equator, ZoZo's, and Stone Terrace for a nice dinner. For lunch Skinny Legs seems to be the place to go. I will be there for 3 nights, is it suggested that I make a reservation ahead of time at these restaurants, and does anyone have any advice of which ones are the best, since I will only be on St. John for 3 nights, which would be the top 3 to try?

Florida City...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Where to eat in St. John

We stayed across from Skinny legs, so we ate there often for lunch. It is very good and the people there are amazing! No reservations needed, plenty of parking.

We had dinner at The Lime Inn, cruz bay. Had the quiche and salad, amazing and only 10 bucks. We had lunch one day at Miss Lucys. It is so worth the trip. You can sit inside or out, on the water. The friis platter was plentiful and they had the best dirty banana drink!! Authentic food, delicious.

Ate at Aqua Bistro for dinner. Menu was fabulous, but they were out of alot of the foods by 8 pm. No reservations needed, Coral Bay.

Had dinner also in cruz bay at Cafe Roma. Had the artichoke for appetizer, the best I have ever had. Then we got salads and an artichoke "pie". Big pizza, very very good. Had to take some back to the room it was so big.

Enjoy!

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 1
2. Re: Where to eat in St. John

Where did you guy's stay - I may have seen you as my husband works in one of the offices there :) Was it at "Crows Nest" by chance?

Florida City...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Where to eat in St. John

Yes, it was the crows nest. What a cool place! We bragged to everyone about our little apartment. My girlfriend took the loft. Whew! I didn't want that climb after too many nights at Skinny's, LOL!!

White Bear Lake...
reviews: 25
4. Re: Where to eat in St. John

We just returned from a week on STJ. Our son was married 5/21 at Caneel Bay. The reception was at the Equator --food was excellent and it's a lovely spot with water views. We ate at Morgan's Mango one evening and our large group had mixed reviews---personally, I thought the food was overpriced and so-so. Wanted to get to Stone Terrace, Lime Inn, Fish Trap and also the Banana Deck., but never had enough time!

Paradiso, also in Mongoose Junction, is a nice restaurant, and we had a good meal there.-choose the balcony if you can. Our daughter had a wonderful dinner one evening at Cafe Roma. A good casual breakfast/lunch spot in Cruz Bay is Deli Grotto (Mongoose Junction) and they have awesome Mango Blast smoothies--I am still craving one!

In Coral Bay, we had lunch at Skinny Legs--very good hamburgers, but be warned that the bathrooms are really stinky. Our son and his wife highly recommend Aqua Bistro-- they weren't impressed by the food at Miss Lucy's, and got tired of Skinny's real quickly..

5. Re: Where to eat in St. John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 14, 2009