We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teen at Caneel in the Summer

Doylestown...
reviews: 124
Teen at Caneel in the Summer

Hello! Is anyone able share information about activities for a teen in the evening at Caneel in the summer (early July)? Activity Center will be open but we are wondering what is there for teens to do at the center. I want to be sure our only child will have access to games and perhaps on occasional movie to watch especially if we are there during a week when there is no other teens around.

Thank you!

Wellesley, MA
reviews: 13
1. Re: Teen at Caneel in the Summer

We just returned from Caneel with our 2 children ages 14 and 18. Caneel is VERY quiet, particularly at night. During the day the kids were busy with kayaks, snorkelling, sailing etc ut there wasn't much going on at night . They did NOT go over to the Teen Center but I can tell you that there was very little movemet and activity at the resort past 9pm. We all were asleep by 10. Our kids did bring their computers so after dinner they used those.

We will return but it is for the daytime beach activites.

ps

there were very few teens there during our visit March 9-15. Spring break for many schools. .

Doylestown...
reviews: 124
2. Re: Teen at Caneel in the Summer

Thank you for your message. This confirmed my thoughts and concerns.

With just one child we decided to save this resort for either when we can bring a friend or an adults only trip (no idea when that would ever happen).

Austin
reviews: 4
3. Re: Teen at Caneel in the Summer

We had our nearly 13 yr old with us last summer. After a day of sun and snorkel and hiking, she was plenty happy to hang in the room and read a book or have some screen time after dinner. There were plenty of families with kids of all ages, but there isn't much organized activity after dark. If your child is good at making friends, he/she should be able to find some teens to hang with. Caneel does offer one movie per evening; it is usually something that the whole family could watch except perhaps preschoolers. Offhand, I cannot remember titles. They also can help you contact the park service, who does a weekly evening hike and star gazing. If your teen must have other teen company to be happy, then yes save Caneel for another time when it is just you as a couple. But our daughter would never speak to us again if we went without her!

4. Re: Teen at Caneel in the Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 22, 2014