We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Booked 3rd Trip!

Which Caneel Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reston, Virginia
reviews: 4
Just Booked 3rd Trip!

So excited...just booked our 3rd trip to Caneel for May! We have never gone to a place 3 times before because we usually want to try new places, but Caneel just keeps calling us back.

Corydon, Indiana
reviews: 1
1. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

We'll be at Caneel in May, too. Not quite sure what number trip it is. First one was in '86. We've been to lots of other Caribbean islands and all over the world, but we just love Caneel. It's a very special place on a very special island.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 14
2. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

I completely understand, good for you!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

yay I cant wait to book my second trip soon! plan on going in may. Dreaming about the beach right now....Its so cold!!!

Holland, MI
reviews: 2
4. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

Caneel is a very special place and it certainly keeps calling us back too. We've been coming to STJ for over 20 years and I finally got my DH to spend 4 days/nights at Caneel at the end of our villa stay 4 years ago. (He was afraid he wasn't old enough to enjoy Caneel ha ha) He is not totally hooked and loves Caneel as much as I do. We still enjoy 2 weeks at a villa and finish off with 4 or 5 days at Caneel. It's the perfect combination for us. We'll be there in June and it's getting me through these freezing days in Michigan.

Billings, MT
reviews: 31
5. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

I totally get it! We will be there in May for our 4th trip....my friends and family don't understand why I don't want to go anywhere else..... I just love it there!

North Carolina
reviews: 60
6. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

DH and I are in our thirties and we don't feel too young for Caneel! ;)

We are going back next month for our anniversary and although we have been all around the Caribbean - Atlantis, BVI, Antigua, Turks etc ...Caneel has always been our fave.

Although I will say Parrot Cay is in second place!

Enjoy your trip!!!

NY metro
reviews: 3
7. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

Indeed. My wife and I came to the realization during this last trip that we do not travel to The USVI, St Thomas or (Gasp!) St John, any longer.

We travel to Caneel Bay, full stop.

It is an insular and narrow point of view, but nevertheless it has become more and more our vacation raison d'etre.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 14
8. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

Well, I was 24 during our first trip and my husband was 29 and we didn't feel too young! We have returned over the years and I think our best trip may have been when our then 4 yo son's first Caneel trip. I often weigh purchase decisions in "Caneel" dollars, recently we talked about something and I framed it as "I rather bank that for a Caneel night."

hot springs, ar
reviews: 3
9. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

Ok you've got me interested. Where can I see photos of Caneel?

Suffern NY
reviews: 19
10. Re: Just Booked 3rd Trip!

We are doing Carnival on St John in July with adult kids and then I am twisting my DH's arm for a 3 day stay at Caneel. We have not stayed there in about 8 years, but we do get there for a visit to the bar and restaurant every year.

Will be there for a quick stop for dinner next week.