We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another beach besides the Caneel 7?

Austin
reviews: 7
another beach besides the Caneel 7?

We are headed back to STJ for our 3rd visit. We are not renting a jeep -- I know, I know, but please no posts telling us we are crazy not to! We have driving issues (DH) and motion sickness issues (DH and DD) and the DH just wants to be a lump on this vacation!

What I am trying to decide is if we should go to the effort to go to another STJ beach for the day even though we have 7 gorgeous beaches to pick from at Caneel. We'd want to stay on the north shore area as I'll never be able to talk them into the trip over to Coral bay and the East end, although I plan on a future trip where we'll stay in that area.

I've been to Trunk and the only reason to go there is to show my daughter in person the beach that has the photograph framed in our guest bathroom!

I was thinking Maho simply because it is so large and lovely and calm waters with good snorkeling. However, we are taking a private charter one day, so we'll have great snorkeling already, both in the BVIs and wherever on the north shore we want to be. We are only staying 6 nights, so with the full day BVI trip, we only have four full days on STJ.

I know this decision is partly personal preference, but it's been years since I spent time on STJ and at Caneel (2006). Our last trip to STJ was also a Caneel trip with our daughter when she was very young so we chose Caneel knowing we could just stay put and not do alot of day driving trips.

What do to?? should we stay or should we go?

ct. usa
reviews: 9
21. Re: another beach besides the Caneel 7?

We have stayed at Caneel many, many times. We have, on some trips,made elaborate plans to visit other beaches. Most times I could not wait to get back to the resort ! If your goal is to relax and enjoy beautiful beaches, no need to leave. You can pop back to your room , you have access to comfortable chaises, the snorkeling is superb, and safety unsurpassed . Your family can hike the trail at Caneel , or you could hike into Cruz bay if you want to shop. There are spectacular views from the trails.

22. Re: another beach besides the Caneel 7?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 20, 2013