We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

usvi national park closed?

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 2
usvi national park closed?

We are about to leave for the USVI, and are wondering how much our snorkeling/beach plans will be affected by the St John National Park closure? This is our first trip, and we'll be staying on St. John. I'm trying to look at maps to figure out exactly how one gets around w/o traveling through the park. Does anyone know if the park roads are open? Of course, the website is shut down. Ugh! Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Bourbon, IN
reviews: 43
1. Re: usvi national park closed?

NP beaches and hiking trails are closed but roads are open. Have fun and don't let this ruin your trip.

Pittsford, New York
reviews: 1
2. Re: usvi national park closed?

Most beaches are closed. For specifics and discussion, see the threads on the St John forum titled 'Which beaches are open?', 'Occupy St John Beaches' and 'Government Shutdown'

Colorado Springs...
3. Re: usvi national park closed?

OK, moving over to that thread. Thank you. And I thought it might be a hurricane, not our government, that I'd be watching....

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 14
4. Re: usvi national park closed?

The beaches are back open:

stthomassource.com/content/news/local-news/2…

Colorado Springs...
5. Re: usvi national park closed?

Wow, that is the best news ever! Maybe we should send those folks to Washington...

Thanks...see ya this week...we will be the pasty white tourists with the big smiles.

Coral Bay, St. John
reviews: 22
6. Re: usvi national park closed?

Spent the day at Trunk, yesterday, to celebrate the reopening of St John's National Park beaches!

Reply to: usvi national park closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...