We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in St. Thomas

East Coast
Weather in St. Thomas

We are leaving on Sunday for St. Thomas. I checked weather.com and am getting a little nervous. It says 60% chance of rain everyday! Is it like Florida where it only rains for about an hour? I will be very disappointed if I get 5 days of rain! :(

Roslyn, New York
reviews: 6
1. Re: Weather in St. Thomas

Don't worry about the weather reports, they are notoriously inaccurate. You can expect hot and humid weather, partly cloudy and some rain showers on and off. A full day of rain would be rare. Also, the showers can be at one end of the island and never come your way. Very common to get rain at night though.

Wyoming
reviews: 14
2. Re: Weather in St. Thomas

Check some of the other posts on this topic, that will hopefully reassure you. All day rain is uncommon, sometimes brief showers that clear up fairly quickly happen or rain at night. With the heat, when we were there I was acutally hoping for some rain to cool things off a bit! Just go and enjoy, you can't control the weather!

Hampton Roads, VA
reviews: 69
3. Re: Weather in St. Thomas

We are leaving on Saturday and saw the same report. After looking at multiple sites, I noticed that they all say something slightly different. As everyone else mentioned, not to worry...it rarely rains for more that 10 minutes.

4. Re: Weather in St. Thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...