We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maho in May?

charleston
Maho in May?

Hello,

My husband and I were looking to get away for our 2nd anniversary in May. The idea of Maho and Concordia really appeal to us. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there in April-May?? How is the heat, bugs??

Thanks--Erin

Hampton Roads, VA
reviews: 55
1. Re: Maho in May?

We usually stay in June or July and the weather is nice. I hear it is a little cooler in April/May and May can be a rainey month. There are noseeums around the woods and beach so bring bug spray.

Washington, DC
reviews: 6
2. Re: Maho in May?

I stayed at Maho in late May/ early June. It was too hot and humid to sleep. The mosquitos ate us alive because the tent-cabin floors have gaps, even though the screens did not. High percentage deet worked but we had to have it on all the time. I liked Maho. I won't stay there again though, because I don't sleep well if it's so humid & uncomfortable.

New York
3. Re: Maho in May?

We stayed in the Concordia ecotents in late march and had a wonderful time. We used deet from time to time, but I didn't notice a whole lot of misquitos. Sleeping was fine, there was a wonderful breeze in our tent, and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach below was quite differnet from our usual night-time serenade of car alarms and honking. We cooked out on the grill sometimes and watched the sunset on the deck, then we read trashy novels till our flashlights quit. We'll go back at the first opportunity.

charleston
4. Re: Maho in May?

Thanks for all of the comments. I think we are going to book a week at Maho in May. We will just come prepared like I have seen in other comments.

Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...