We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cinnamon bay campground restrictions

Edgartown...
reviews: 2
cinnamon bay campground restrictions

What does it mean on the CBC website under Baresites when they say baresites can't have a campstove, mattress or cooler? Does this mean you can't have a blow up mattress or a place to keep your food cool? And that you can only cook on the charcoal grill provided? I'm a bit confused with this one. The grilling on charcoal will be fine, but I was hoping to bring my own cooler and a comfy blow up mattress. By the way is charcoal and lighter fluid easy to find in St.John. Any suggestions on camping on the baresite would be great.

Thank you

New England
reviews: 43
1. Re: cinnamon bay campground restrictions

Did you get any responses to your question? I am new to the message board, have a tent site (with tent included) for March but wondered whether anyone had answered you Bonnie N

Virgin Islands
2. Re: cinnamon bay campground restrictions

Doesn't look like anyone on the forum answered. It certainly didn't sound right, so I just looked at the website, and it appears that they meant that baresite campers can't take those items from unoccupied campground tents, not that they can't use their own. It even suggests that you can rent equipment for baresites from the campground. And yes, charcoal is readily available!

Larchmont, New York
reviews: 22
3. Re: cinnamon bay campground restrictions

i am fairly certain that they mean stoves,coolers, etc belonging to CBC (at other sites) that you woul dhave to a) rent them from CBC or bring your own.

Edgartown...
4. Re: cinnamon bay campground restrictions

Thanks for the responses! I did call CBC to make sure I understood correctly, you can bring your own mattress, coolers, ect. for a baresite. You cannot borrow or use the equipment from the tents and cottages that are already set up. This is all common sence, but the wording on their web site had me confused!

5. Re: cinnamon bay campground restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...