We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 67
3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

question regarding ferry time- which ferry should we take 12 or 1- is there a good place to get a sandwich near ferry stop in CA- or should we pick one up in St. John somewhere b/f getting on ferry- how early do we need to chek in- same as here an hour and a half??

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 18
1. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

What day of the week? Saturday's are probably the busies day of all, so if it is Saturday, I would take the 12 ferry and bring along something to eat from STJ.

We are leaving on a Saturday at 3:35 and I will probably have lunch at JJ's and then take the 1pm boat, but I like to live dangerously. :)

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 1
2. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

The noon - no question as the 1pm will get you to the airport at 2pm too late for a 3pm flight. I would pick up something to go at the Deli Grotto on STJ - no time to stop in CA (a taxi won't wait for you)

Pia

Birmingham, Alabama
3. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

thanks- it is on a Thursday we'll catch the noon - and grab a sandwich in STJ

Hollis, New...
reviews: 3
4. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

I wouldn't argue against getting a sandwich on Cruz Bay, but the cafeteria at the STT airport actually isn't too bad.

Boston
reviews: 18
5. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

The last time I went through St Thomas (last April) it took us 3 hours to get through the security line. Also, if you want to buy any duty free you need to do it before you check in.

McLean, VA
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
reviews: 21
6. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

On the way home do carry-on only, check in for you flight before you leave STJ and print your boarding pass. You'll save an hour in line easy. Connections and Surf da Web have internet access and printers.

Cheers, RickG

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 3
7. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

I say the noon ferry as well. The lines can be very long and it's better to be safe than sorry. Carry on only is ideal, but not always practical. If you want to bring liquor home, that will have to be checked. As well as lots of other things (that have more than 3oz of liquid). You also cannot bring any liquid through the check point, like bottles of water or soda. You have to buy that in the cafeteria on the other side. No fruits either. They usually have a big trash can full of apples, bananas, oranges, that cannot go through the check point.

Birmingham, Alabama
8. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

thanks- carry on only is not an option- surely on a Thursday we'lll be fine if we get there by 1:00

9. Re: 3 P.M Departing flight-ferry time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...