We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabs

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchcock, Texas
reviews: 54
cabs

Local Experts...hopefully you can help me out. I am staying at the Westin and I know finding a cab won't be difficult, but how hard is it to find a cab BACK from a beach location such as Waterlemon, Gibney, Cinnamon? From what I've read on this forum, I am not planning on our cell phones working so calling a cab may not be possible.Any pay phones at beach locations that you know of? I am not too interested in renting a car .

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 1
1. Re: cabs

You won't have a problem finding a taxi from Trunk, Hawksnest, Cinnamon as they are readily available and from Gibney you can just "flag one down" as it passes but you may have to wait a few mins. Waterlemon is a diferent story - you would probably want to arrange a set time for your return as taxi's don't tend to go out to that area unless they are on an "island tour" with a group or taking a group to Annaberg.

Depending on how many are in your family/group you may want to consider renting a car - at least for a few days - as you can plan on spending probably $15.00 per person each way to Annaberg (drop off point for Waterlemon) from the Westin, so for a couple $60.00 round trip - you can rent for a day for that and then you would be able to visit the Coral Bay side, eat at Skinny's, visit Maho, visit Waterlemon and still be at the same price as a taxi just to Annaberg.

Something to think about

Pia

2. Re: cabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 20, 2009