We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 1
Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

I remember reading a post that there was a place (possibly) a gas station past Starfish Market that had the most reasonable priced beer and liquor on the island. Did I dream this, and if not are they that much cheaper than Starfish.

I'm looking buy a bunch on Cruzan for rum punch as well as a couple cases of Presidente's

18 replies to this topic
Orange
reviews: 17
1. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

I was told today to go to Pine Peace Market --on the left pass the gas station. (past Starfish). Havent been yet, but will check it out. We paid $17.95 for a 12 pk of Presidente in cans at Dolphin market a few days ago.

Long Valley, New...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Pine Peace Market

Boston...
3. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

That is it....thanks! I remember Starfish having some pretty crazy prices.

St. Thomas
reviews: 2
4. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

If you are taking the car barge to STJ a stop at Cost-U-Less in STT would be worthwhile.

Kansas City...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Best deal is to fast until Woody's Happy Hour and then go for the $ 1.00 Coors Lites

Brooklyn, New York
6. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Pine Peace on St John or Cost You Less on St Thomas if you are renting your car on St Thomas

Michael

North Carolina
7. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Where is Pine Peace located? We are Newbies and will be staying in Coral Bay (on top of a mountain) , wondering which grocery store would be closest for us to buy beer.

Pittsford, New York
8. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

There are a couple of options in Coral Bay. They will be a little more expensive than Cruz Bay, which in general is a little more expensive that STT. Pine Peace is a little past Starfish going towards the Westin at the bottom of Jacob's ladder. The prices are as good or better than anywhere else on St John. But really, do you care? We're talking a few $$ for a 6 or 12 pack. The rum is pretty cheap. All I see in advice on where to go to eat is Zozos and the like. Or somewhere slightly less expensive. Get your beer in STT or Pine Peace if you're there, but patronize the stores in Coral Bay if you're not. The difference in price between Coral Bay and Pine Peace wouldn't buy an appetizer at Zozos. Relax and enjoy

North Carolina
9. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

I thought about STT but not sure how we would manage our luggage and a case of beer on the ferry. I'm not too worried about who is the cheapest but really where would be the closest to our rental. I'm hoping that we can stop and get some provisions on our way to the house. Since it will be late afternoon when we arrive in STT we will be tired, hungry and THIRSTY. I'm sure my husband will be so stressed out with the driving that there will be NO way he will venture back out to look for a grocery store that first night.

catawba island, oh
reviews: 8
10. Re: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...

Piratefan, depends when u arrive. If time permits visit Starfish for provisions. If u arrive later, can visit Love City market for essentials in Coral Bay. Don't forget to buy water for the week @ the Lumberyard in Cruz Bay. No worries, u will always find spirits to purchase on St. John.

Reply to: Remind me where I can find inexpensive beer...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted