We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of candi's bbq?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 7
location of candi's bbq?

Would like to try Candi's this trip and just can't remember ever seeing it on previous trips.

16 replies to this topic
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 1
1. Re: location of candi's bbq?

As you are heading towards The Marketplace from town it is at the bottom of the hill on the one-way street (on the left)

Pia

New Jersey
2. Re: location of candi's bbq?

Thank you Pia.

Portsmouth, New...
reviews: 32
3. Re: location of candi's bbq?

Seeing a few pictures might help too, but just head out of town towards Starfish and Westin and she is at the bottom of the hill on left. tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g147410-d1735… Phone # is visible in one picture too in case you want to call ahead.

Edited: 12:11 pm, October 07, 2013
western NY
reviews: 28
4. Re: location of candi's bbq?

Also, FYI, you are not supposed to stop at that intersection, if you're heading in the direction of Starfish Marketplace. We've seen several vehicles very nearly rear-ended there. I can't remember if there is any kind of sign there, but Candi said you should not stop, but just go slowly through the intersection.

Enjoy!!! We can't wait to have dinner at Candi's on Nov. 6th!

Boston
reviews: 18
5. Re: location of candi's bbq?

saved.

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 1
6. Re: location of candi's bbq?

But you DO have to stop if you are turning right :)

Pia

New Jersey
7. Re: location of candi's bbq?

Mindehankins, It was your trip report , the one that you took with your daughter that got me thinking we should check out Candi's. Loved that report. What did you think about the unpaved road to the Lameshurs was it as difficult as others have described? I really want to see this part of the island this time around.

Boston
reviews: 39
8. Re: location of candi's bbq?

Interesting discussion on stopping. We sat at Candis last February and watched cars zip through the stop sign- only a few stopped. is there a reason why you shouldn't stop at a stop sign??? Just curious.

Washington, DC
9. Re: location of candi's bbq?

If you're going to Candi's, you should probably park in the public lot just up the street, between the car ferry dock and the tennis courts. There's also a little West Indian lunch spot between this lot and Candi's.

TM

Miami Beach, Florida
10. Re: location of candi's bbq?

My husband and I always argue about that stop sign! Thank you for bringing in up Minde. If you are passing Candi's and heading left toward Starfish, you DON'T stop? Only stop if you are turning right? That seems to be what I am surmising from Pia's post.

Reply to: location of candi's bbq?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted