We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day on Island

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 1
One Day on Island

Visiting for one day only....Disney cruise.....any advice on what to do? Very excited, very unsure...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Smithfield, Rhode...
reviews: 13
1. Re: One Day on Island

How long is your ship docked? Are you going to come in from STT?

You need to figure out how much time you will have to dedicate, but if it were me and I had the time I'd catch Red Hook Ferry in STT which is about a 15-20 minute ride to STJ. You will come into Cruz Bay. If you are some one who just wants to shop and look around you can spend your time here, lots of small spots right in Cruz Bay to eat lunch and have a few drinks.

If you want to go to a beach there are always a bunch of taxis waiting @ ferry dock that will take you to some of the beaches. There are also taxis that will just give a group a tour of some of the island, this way if you ever decide to stay on STJ you can get a feel for the pace and beauty.

Most cruise ship folks get dropped @ Trunk which is a lovely beach but can be crowded, I prefer the quieter beaches, but again, this really depends on the amount of time you have to spend on STJ after you figure in ferry ride, cab ride, etc.

Enjoy your day there whatever you decide to do!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
2. Re: One Day on Island

Unless you can take a small cooler with you, the only St John beaches with facilities and food/drinks are Trunk and Cinnamon so bear that in mind too. "Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink" comes to mind!

If you do it on your own (outside an excursion booked through the cruise line) make sure to allow plenty of time to get back to the ship! The Red Hook ferry terminal is a taxi ride of anywhere from 25-45 minutes from the cruise ship terminal and the ferries run on the hour every hour back and forth. Have fun!

Coral Bay, St. John
reviews: 22
3. Re: One Day on Island

Shopping / food / drink - hit Cruz Bay.

Want a hike and swim mini adventure? Try the Lindt Point Trail out of Cruz Bay - to Salomon and Honeymoon Beaches. Honeymoon has snorkel/kayak/SUP/chair rentals and a small gift shack with drinks and snacks.

Want to soak up a day on St John's most beautiful beach? Take a taxi out to Trunk Bay Beach. There's an underwater snorkeling trail and beautiful white sand and aqua blue waters!

New Jersey
reviews: 7
4. Re: One Day on Island

depending on when you are going you could take a taxi from ferry to caneel and spend the day on their main beach and eat at their beach bar, be aware the chairs are for caneel guests only and you have access to caneel's main beach, you can also hike to honeymoon and solomon from caneel. I believe it opens mid October.

5. Re: One Day on Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 09, 2014