We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 7
just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

made the mistake of not going to this , my favorite forum , first. For some reason I just did not think about the mess in Washington infringing on peaceful St. John even though the park is why I love it so. Here's to hoping it ends soon for everyone, but especially those who will go without a paycheck and possibly food.

I for one picked up the phone and called my representative last week for whatever good that does .

1. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, March 19, 2014
New Jersey
2. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

Hi Toes in the sand,

Did you see the new one on VRBO 482620 called The Beach Cottage on Lime Tree Cove just east of Haulover , think it's serviced by Terry. wow its beach front on private cove. Next time I need a two bedroom this would be a contender .

Minneapolis
reviews: 5
3. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

Wow, what a beauty! I wonder if that is the little house that the Muilenburgs lived in back in the '60's while they were building their famous boat (The Breath).

Which randomly reminds me to recommend Peter Muilenburg's wonderful memoir "Adrift on a Sea of Blue Light." There's some hilarious stories in that book about the family's battle with the donkeys and goats that had taken possession of the original cottage before the Muilenburg's arrived on the scene.

amazon.com/Adrift-Blue-Light-Peter-Muilenbur…

ct. usa
4. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

Dreamshark-

I couldn't resist and ordered that book- looks like a nice gift for my husband to read on the beach on St John during our next trip! Thank you.

Nassau, New...
5. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

@dreamshark - thanks for the book recommendation - ordered it for a gift... for myself :)

@NewJerseySurfsup - now that is a great house - thnx for the link! Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding & have a great honeymoon! (where are you staying?)

Edited: 12:08 pm, October 05, 2013
New Jersey
6. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

dreamshark the book looks good , i'll check it out .

sailexuma, the cottage we booked is named Honeymoon Cottage and it's in the Francis Bay area, but it is our 10 year anniversary celebration so thank you for the best wishes.

Nassau, New...
7. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

NewJerseySurfsup - oops, well, I hope you have a Wonderful Anniversary Trip, that's a reminder of your Honeymoon!

If this is the place - caribbeanvilla.com/property/… - it looks amazing! Love the view and the hot-tub (and the bed?!?) on the deck, and that VIEW!!!

New Jersey
8. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

yep that's it , can't wait. this is our 3rd trip to STJ , last time it was a family trip with son and we stayed at Cinnamon bay camp ground and all had a blast. This time we were going to shoot for the moon and do Caneel but our dates were partially booked. Had actually considered the bahama out islands because we have never been, but there is just something about St John ..., maybe next time bucket list includes .bareboat charter in the Bahamas, I love sailing , hubby however does not like open water go figure

Nassau, New...
9. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

Hope you have a great time in your STJ stomping grounds, and not to worry, The Bahamas will be waiting as it moves up your list :)

When you say your husband doesn't like open water, I think that would make a boat charter somewhat tricky - by open water do you mean out of sight of land, or in sight of land but more than 100 yards from shore?!?

Edited: 2:52 pm, October 09, 2013
Minneapolis
reviews: 5
10. Re: just booked Honeymoon cottage last minute for next month

As you are probably aware by now, the beaches in the USVI are open again, courtesy of a federal judicial order. Have a great trip!