We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beaches are open?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange
reviews: 18
Which beaches are open?

Are there any beaches that will remain open - that are not part if the National Park System? How about on St. Thomas? Excitement about this trip has plummeted :(. We will be there Saturday.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
1. Re: Which beaches are open?

There are no beach closings on St Thomas as none of the beaches here are under the jurisdiction of the NPS.

Pittsford, New York
reviews: 1
2. Re: Which beaches are open?

Beaches from Fish Bay to Cruz Bay, and east of Haulover (e.g. Vie's) are not in the NPS, and, I believe, are open. Not sure whether Haulover is in the Park or not

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
3. Re: Which beaches are open?

Haul over is Park

Pia

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 7
4. Re: Which beaches are open?

They put up some weak barriers at the NP beaches, but people threw them aside to park and use the beaches anyway. No enforcement. Kind of a joke, really. No concessions open, but plenty of beaching, swimming and snorkeling as I drove by yesterday at noon. No big worries! Get excited again!

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 7
5. Re: Which beaches are open?

They put up some weak barriers at the NP beaches, but people threw them aside to park and use the beaches anyway. No enforcement. Kind of a joke, really. No concessions open, but plenty of beaching, swimming and snorkeling as I drove by yesterday at noon. No big worries! Get excited again! Not to say they won't get their act together, but this is STJ, so I doubt it'll get worse.

St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
6. Re: Which beaches are open?

They announced citations will be issues if you are asked to leave the beach and do not comply. Husband was leaving work yesterday and heard a group talking about the fact they were kicked off a beach

Pia

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
7. Re: Which beaches are open?

Thanks for the update, Pia. I was hoping that was the case and I'm sure local enforcement will be there to back up the ban. I'm sorry for those being temporarily deprived but no excuse for scofflaws taking matters into their own hands.

Portsmouth, New...
reviews: 35
8. Re: Which beaches are open?

Would all or most of these be open? Solomon, Honeymoon, Denis Bay, Gibney, Jumbie, Waterlemon, Brown, Lameshur, Salt Pond? Feel so bad for people who saved up to go to STJ and not have access to every beach as usual.

Coral Bay, St. John
9. Re: Which beaches are open?

I drove into town on North Shore. All beaches had someone on them. Jumbie was full. According to VI law, all beaches are public. We did not vote for any of the people who shut down the government so what right do they have keeping us off the beach?

north carolina
reviews: 3
10. Re: Which beaches are open?

Jump on dolphin water taxi and head over to Jost for a couple of days. Maybe beaches will be back open by then... That's what I would do. Oh if I was only there.....