We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide,please!

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hot springs, ar
reviews: 3
Help me decide,please!

So I was originally planning on our family of 3 doing a half day sail around St John and another day taking the ferry to the Baths BVI.

But now wondering if I should just do a full day on the Bad Kitty that goes to The Baths & to Jost Van Dyke? It costs $60 more for our family of 3 than the original plan.

I see such beautiful pics of Jost Van Dyke that I wonder if I should be sure to go there?

Another day my husband & 16 yr old will be doing snuba at Trunk Bay. I'm a bit claustrophobic so I will just be hanging out at Trunk Bay while they are snuba-ing.

Rockville, Maryland
reviews: 15
1. Re: Help me decide,please!

Jost is beautiful and so are the Baths. We took this day trip once. Last year we went out with Island Wilson Excursions for the day. Captain Wilson took us anywhere we wanted to go! It was the best day of our vacation by far! A day on the water is well worth it.

ky
2. Re: Help me decide,please!

We did the Bad Kitty exursion this past December and it was great !! Best day of our entire vacation ! I highly recommend it. The crew was fantastic and The Baths and Jost were beautiful !! We will be back the end of July and would even consider doing it again , it was that much fun !! Oh, and lunch on Cooper Island was breathtaking and really good food.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 34
3. Re: Help me decide,please!

If it was me I'd drop the half day sail and do the full day on the Bad Kitty. I've done the Baths and was glad I did, but probably won't go back unless I'm spending multiple weeks down there.

I think a half day in Jost is a wonderful part of the trip. That is somewhere I could go to on every trip, but really just to hang out at Soggy Dollar and/or Foxy's.

If it's your first trip, leave plenty of days wide open just to explore the different beaches on the island, hit some of the South shore and East End. We try not to schedule much of anything when we go and maybe hit the Jost ferry.

That said, kids make it a different type of trip, so I can see why you'd want to schedule a few things, such as the Bad Kitty and snuba.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
4. Re: Help me decide,please!

I'd do The Baths and Jost. They're both incredibly special destinations in the region.

Enjoy!

5. Re: Help me decide,please!

Of course lady! Come mon! Bad kitty with kim michaelson and crew! Two islands for the price of one! Where are u going wrong again!? Jost→beautiful! U will ♥the beach! (Omg beautiful). Differnt bars and resraurants with great food..

hot springs, ar
6. Re: Help me decide,please!

How long did you have at each location? Were you able to snorkel at The Baths or just hike around?

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 47
7. Re: Help me decide,please!

The Bad Kitty excursion looks awesome!

I'm looking for pricing but haven't found it on their website..

Edited: 5:16 pm, June 14, 2013
Nassau, New...
8. Re: Help me decide,please!

I "fifth" the full day suggestion! Have Fun!

hot springs, ar
9. Re: Help me decide,please!

We don't drink and will have our 16 yr old with us so wondering if Jost Van Dyke is going to be fun for nondrinkers? Also heard the Bad Kitty was a big party boat. Is that correct? If so, what boat do you suggest which is more family friendly?

Boston
reviews: 25
10. Re: Help me decide,please!

I can't recommend a charter since we take the public ferry over to Jost when we go to STJ and we heard that Limnos Charters was out of business which was great and NOT a party boat. But I wanted to mention that the snorkeling at the Baths is worthless. We saw pictures before we went and thought it was supposed to be a great snorkleing spot but it isn't, just a couple of fish floating around above sand. Don't get excited about that but the Baths themselves are awesome!