We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas of Distinction??

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 40
Villas of Distinction??

Has anyone booked through Villas of Distinction? Are they reputable and reliable?

24 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 3
21. Re: Villas of Distinction??

It surprises me that so many people think that by booking through VRBO they somehow cut out the middleman which they perceive to be an on island management company. It is true that most management companies charge 20 percent to owners. But most owners understand the value of on island representation, and have excellent relationships with their management companies. VRBO bookings still pay the same commissions.

Having readily available, well established, informed and reliable on island contacts would rank pretty high in my list of requirements if i were booking a house.

And most owners appreciate that value and are happy to pass on bookings from VRBO directly to their representatives on island.

Laverne
reviews: 10
22. Re: Villas of Distinction??

Villas of Distinction is a travel broker, we have used them twice in the last 3 years, the first trip (grand cayman) and accomadations were fabulous.. the 2nd trip (Bahamas) was a disaster, the manager was gone, we were suppose to have a kitchen, bedroom cottage and paid for it, then it was a bedroom with no kitchen at all, they refused to reimburse us our $$ then they informed us we can take the ferry to the other islands but the ferry was closed during our trip so we were on stand by for the first day and last day. we we paid for a room with no kitchen and no phone services, for 7 days only was there for 5 days and no manager to assist us with the 'local' stuff because if your not from there you don't know who to trust or not. well don't trust Villas of Distinction, it was awful how they treated us.

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
reviews: 19
23. Re: Villas of Distinction??

I have booked through them twice and will continue to utilize them. Both times were awesome! First time was at st thomas vi and the second time was at st marteen. Both times, we had concierge meet us at the airport and take us to the rental car company to get our car and then followed concierge to the villa. Both times, they were extremely helpful and knowledgable. Love them!

New York City, New...
reviews: 16
24. Re: Villas of Distinction??

Almost used them but heard the negative's above from other renters. Used Caribbean Villas, which we were very unhappy with. Cable not turned on in one bedrooms, water in cistern ran out in the beginning of trip, internet was not working and housekeepers were there cleaning when we arrived at the due time. The pick-up person had us wait about 20 min at the ferry in Cruz Bay even though I phoned her from the airport telling her what ferry we were on, then had a friend in the car and when brought us to the house, didn't have a clue about the villa. Would never use them again, forgot, you have to pay an additional 5% for a fee I have no idea about. Vrbo is now what we use.

Reply to: Villas of Distinction??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted