We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat charters - need help

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boat charters - need help

My husband and I are traveling to St John for the first time this July. We would like to take a private boat charter one day while we're there to the BVI's. Any suggestions on who to pick? They all seem great and are different price ranges. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cruz Bay, St. John
reviews: 9
1. Re: boat charters - need help

I adore Captain John of Palm Tree Charters. I have been out with him three times and have a fourth trip scheduled. I have met Captain John of Island Roots while out with Palm Tree also. He seemed like a great guy. I would definitely choose him as my number two go-to guy. I also met the owner of Lion in da Sun about a year or so back while out with Palm Tree. As soon as Captain John walked away from my husband and I to use the restroom, the captain of Lion pounced on us. He asked why we chose Palm Tree, why we didn;t choose him, etc. I thought it was in poor taste.

2. Re: boat charters - need help

Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into both of those!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 18
3. Re: boat charters - need help

Capt John is our capt of choice! Book early! He gets booked quickly

Pittsford, New York
reviews: 5
4. Re: boat charters - need help

I second Capt. John with Palm Tree Charters. He offers a fun-filled trip on his boat, and he even video tapes it for you. I have also chartered with Lion in da Sun in the past. We are going for our second year in a row with Palm Tree Charters.

Roseville, MN
reviews: 8
5. Re: boat charters - need help

Hands down Palm Tree Charters! We are scheduled for our third trip this May.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 16
6. Re: boat charters - need help

Sounding like a parrot but Palm Tree, Capt John. Book now, he is very popular (for good reasons)

Wyoming
reviews: 14
7. Re: boat charters - need help

Captain John - Palm Tree Charters!! We were lucky enough to find 2 couples to share the trip with that we met on this forum. It worked out wonderfully and was more affordable for us. Best day of our trip hands down.

Rockville, Maryland
reviews: 16
8. Re: boat charters - need help

Last October we used Island Wilson Excursions. I just picked him because I liked his web site. What a pleasant surprise! He was wonderful! Captain Wilson has extensive knowledge of the Islands and he made sure that we had experienced "Our Day". No schedules, just where we wanted to go. It was the best day of our vacation. We have been traveling to Saint John for over 20 years and have taken many boat trips. Captain Wilson was by far the best!

Princeton, New...
reviews: 15
9. Re: boat charters - need help

If you are looking for a power boat charter, Palm Tree is top notch. I prefer a more relaxing sail charter. Captain Jason of Cloud 9 will make your day on the water a very memorable excursion.

http://www.cloud9sailingadventures.com

Ohio
reviews: 34
10. Re: boat charters - need help

When we were looking for this very thing, we contacted Pia from this board, and she gave us ALL KINDS of information. We had a really good sense of all of our options, after a phone conversation with her. I think she would recommend Palm Tree too, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!