We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South shore snorkeling spots

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville, MN
reviews: 8
South shore snorkeling spots

Where are some of the better snorkeling spots along the south shore? Having to hike to the spot does not bother us.

Thanks

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 5
1. Re: South shore snorkeling spots

Salt Pond Bay and Little Lamesure Bay are the best options that combine a beach and snorkeling. Salt Pond requires a .25 mile hike, for Lamesure it's just a bumpy drive. For both beaches, snorkeling on the point to the far left point is the best. The swim there may be a little boring (by St. John standards), but be persistent. It gets great.

Long Valley, New...
reviews: 22
2. Re: South shore snorkeling spots

In my experience at Salt Pond Bay, it is also nice snorkeling out along the right. And, I think the best is straight out the middle, past the mooring balls, out to the rocks jutting out of the bay. Looks too far to swim from the beach, but worth the effort (amazing coral).

Also, enjoyed Haulover South last month. Will try Haulover North next time if conditions permit.

Edited: 9:25 am, January 26, 2013
Plaistow, New...
3. Re: South shore snorkeling spots

I posted on a nice South Shore snorkel here:

virgin-islands-on-line.com/virgin-islands/…

All the best,

Kevin

4. Re: South shore snorkeling spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 28, 2014