We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airfare

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 19
airfare

Last year I got airfare for about $450 from msp to stt. Its about $490 right now....But I booked last year in late march/early april for an end of may flight. Do you think they will go back down after January? I feel like a lot of people plan trips now because its so cold and that maybe the price will go down a bit? Any insight? I know I should buy soon but I want the best price! ugh...

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
1. Re: airfare

Buy now. $40 more than last year is a good price. No one can predict pricing but airlines are cutting back on seats and filling planes faster so IMO waiting can really cost you.

B.

Billings, MT
reviews: 31
2. Re: airfare

It's certainly a crap shoot in my opinion...who the heck knows what airfares will do..even day to day! I have to say I envy you though...we bought ours a month or so ago because they finally got down to $800..and we were excited :)

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 16
3. Re: airfare

I would buy now. I have paid less from CT but I have also paid much more so when there is a price that I am comfortable paying, I book it. I feel like lately, they rarely come down or if they do, the flight times are terrible.

Cruz Bay, St. John
reviews: 8
4. Re: airfare

I say buy now too. Some airlines like JetBlue will credit you if the price goes down after you purchased it. I just traveled from CT last month and I bought six tickets two days after the fares were released. They consistently increased and never decreased to less than what I paid.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
5. Re: airfare

For a crazy story. I just bought 2 tickets from ORD - FCO (Rome). The day after I bought my tickets they went up $1000 a ticket and have stayed there. It seems once the cheap tickets are gone.... they are gone.

B

Roseville, MN
reviews: 7
6. Re: airfare

Buy now. We bought ours in December for a May trip of this year when they were $530. I have been looking off and on at the prices now and they have been holding at $880 for the same dates and departure times. We feel very luckey!

western NY
reviews: 27
7. Re: airfare

As we all suggested in December, buy em now, Nathan!

Bethesda, Maryland
reviews: 13
8. Re: airfare

Buy now. My tickets from Dulles to STT cost $530 and now are up to $1200 for the fantastic non-stop flight. Grab good flight times at reasonable fares when you can.

South Florida...
reviews: 37
9. Re: airfare

Another vote for BUY NOW! You cannot predict what will happen with airfares. Much of it depends on unsold inventory. I wouldn't count on that for flights to St. Thomas as flights are often full any time of year.

We just switched from frequent flier tickets to paid tickets because I found a great price ($350) from Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas in March. When you see a price you can live with, book it!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 19
10. Re: airfare

Just found tickets for $340 on American. Only one layover in Miami! No non stops from Minneapolis but this is very cheap! I have booked. Can't wait to be back.