We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prince Edward Island
reviews: 22
Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

thanks for those who already have helped me in my other post........family ( total party 6) headed to St John March 24-31st, and we are exicted first time visitors.....flights now booked but no accommodations or rental vehicle yet.....been checkin out lots, defintely want a pool as I have learned very few places have beach access,,,,,,need 3-4 bedrooms and internet ......two I am looking at seriously are Coral Rays and Drakes View Villa, but both are a little more than I want to pay, but who knows lol .....I have moved up but, 4-5 K including taxes would be about my max,,,,,,did i say we were exicted!...-30C here today and when you look at the pics of the beaches and the snorkeling, wow!!!...wondering if anyone has ideas or can comment on the 2 villas I mentioned in terms of location, quality etc...or have other ideas for places to stay in that week

Edited: 3:09 pm, January 24, 2013
Roseville, MN
reviews: 7
1. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

Book your rental vehicle now! The villa can wait a day or two.

East Coast
2. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

What about this one?

http://www.vrbo.com/235315

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
3. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

Flights before villa and a car are sort of reverse order for me. Definitely get a car ASAP as this is high season and they go fast.

B.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 4
4. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

I noticed that website hasn't been updated to reflect the increase in the VI tax. It is now 10%. Just a FYI.

Booya - I'm with you. 1st villa, 2nd, jeep, then airline tickets.

Edited: 4:34 pm, January 24, 2013
Acworth, Georgia
5. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

We booked Waterlemon Villa after reading reviews from this site. So far Ellen Sandler has been very helpful with suggestions for things to do/see, restaurants etc. Looking forward to stay in Coral Bay. We've never been to that part of St ohn before.

Prince Edward Island
6. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

Thanks for tips...I emailed right away for that VRBO property,,,,I guess I grabbed the flights as they are very tough from this part of the country and I figured I could find a place, and if worse comes to worse could stay at St Thomas...I figured not much sense booking a villa if I couldn't get there,,,thanks,looking at rental vehicles and villas as we speak!

maine
reviews: 11
7. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

I disagree with other posters. I always book flights first, jeep second, villa is last, its worked for me 9 times. If this is your first trip I would be looking at chocolate hole, gift hill, great Cruz bay areas. Closer to town, easier locations for first time out. I recomend posting your budget and how many in your party, you'll get good advice from others here. Lots to see and discover on STJ. I don't think we have even scratched the surface...that's why we keep going back! Enjoy!

Prince Edward Island
8. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

thanks......our party is 6 people......myself, my wife and 3 kids ( girls 24,21 and son 10).....and my wife's aunt......so we need at least 3 bedrooms, 4 would be better.,,,,budget 4-5 K for villa, might go slightly over if it blows us away.....this is a super forum...is it better to book vehicle on St Thomas or St John?

Edited: 8:54 pm, January 24, 2013
maine
9. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

I always have Rachel pick us up at airport and bring us to redhook. I also always rent on STJ fro varlack on STJ. Others will tell you to rent on STT. There are pros and cons to both. I like not having to drive on STT and mess with the barge on STT, and being able to park in Cruz bay. Also like knowing if I have a vehicle problem the rental agency is right there. Varlackbis a two minute walk from the ferry dock on STJ, nice people too.

maine
10. Re: Excited , we booked flights! Villa help?

As for villas, well, there are too many to choose from. We have used VRBO, Caribbean villas, perfect sunset villas, and sea view homes. Have not had a bad experience yet. Probably should get on that if your going in March.