We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

Florence, South...
reviews: 1
Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

Is there a recommended place to pick up a case of beer and a few bottles of rum in Red Hook? I think I heard there are cheaper options elsewhere, but I'd like to know about Red Hook specifically.

Also, I think I read a taxi ride from Sugar Bay to Red Hook is $5 pp, does anyone know for sure?

7 replies to this topic
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
1. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

$5 is about right - that's the minimum taxi fare. Here's a link to the taxi rates:

vinow.com/stthomas/…

Have the taxi driver take you to Food Center which is just past Red Hook as I don't think the convenience store in Red Hook sells beer by the case.

Edited: 12:15 pm, March 06, 2014
Minneapolis...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

The marina market at red hook had rum and beer but I thought I was priced high compared to food center. A 6 pack of presidente bottles was $12 which seemed pricey but they also sold individual cans of beer too. The gas station across the street from the ferry also sells beer.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
3. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

Martina Market has been closed for a long time now.

Minneapolis...
4. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

Oops, I might have called it "marina market" by mistake. There is a small store in from of the marina just down from Senior Frogs, I just do not know the name of it?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
5. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

I know the one you mean but even though Food Center's prices are a little higher than other supermarkets, they'll be much better than any convenience store, the further distance is minimal and they definitely sell beer by the case (most convenience stores don't).

Minneapolis...
6. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

I agree with STTResident, Food Center though slightly further away from Red Hook has a better selection and better prices than the small store in Red Hook.

Ottawa, Canada
7. Re: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze

Have been at Sapphire Beach for almost three weeks. Can assure you that the mark-up of wine and booze at the convenience store vs. Food Center is unbelievably high. The small price to go an extra mile by cab actually saved us money!

Reply to: Taxi Rates and Red Hook Booze
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted