We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

Pennsylvania
reviews: 28
Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

We will be staying at the Ritz for a long weekend in early May. Trying to figure out what "good" restaurants are near the Ritz (we won't have a car so will have to take a cab). The Ritz restaurants do not get the greatest reviews so I'm thinking we would be better off venturing off sight. It doesn't have to be right next door, but within a 15 minute cab ride would be great.

Looking for either:

1. Really good seafood in an upscale atmosphere

2. A place with decent food but amazing views

3. Someplace that has live music or is just a really fun place to be.

We have three nights so can mix it up with upscale and casual places.

Thanks in advance.

Peoria, IL
reviews: 11
1. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

We actually really enjoyed the restaurants at the Ritz several years ago!

Other STT restaurants to check out -- Havana Blue at the Marriott and Old Stone Farmhouse!

Virginia
reviews: 75
2. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

1 - try Caribbean Fish Market or Pesce . CFM is just next door from the Ritz at the Elysian while Pesce is in Red Hook. Both are run by the same group.

2 - I am still a fan of the Mafolie Restaurant for a view. It's old school but the view is worth it. Oceana in Frenchtown before sunset as long as there is a bit of a breeze is also nice. Sunset Grill at Secret Harbour is a shorter drive. Same group as the two places in above in #1

3. Latitude 18 or Duffy's Love Shack - better yet do them both in that order.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
3. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

1. Fish Market at the Elysian Resort.

2. Not close to the Ritz but Oceana in Frenchtown for sunset seafood dinner with nice ambiance, Paradise Point for nice view with cocktails.

3. Definitely Lat 18 for the music and a casual dinner (great ribs, roti), don't miss the Fiddler if he hasn't left yet.

Duffy's for the memories.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
4. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

Sorry, but of all the many restaurants on STT that are within a 15 minute drive of the Ritz, I can't figure out where Duffy's fits into the mix given the listed criteria!

I'll add Banana Tree Grille at Bluebeard's Castle and North Side Bistro to the suggestions.

Virginia
reviews: 75
5. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

STT - Key word in O.P.'s line #3 that got it on the list was fun and after 10 pm Duffy's can be a lot of that especially for the folks younger than myself like the original poster. I wasn't suggesting it for a dining experience but the few times I tried the food in the past it was surprisingly good.

And if the North Side Bistro is within is within 15 minutes of the Ritz I'd guess you got a new car and drive like they do at a NASCAR event.

Edited: 8:50 am, March 22, 2013
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
6. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

All right already, Tom! 25 minutes - but the additional time is worth it as the North Side Bistro does serve excellent seafood at a very reasonable price (the potato-crusted grouper is to die for) and they do have live music - not thumping dance music but most enjoyable dining music in a delightful setting. The OP can call for details.

Yes, I know Duffy's is enjoyed by many but if I'm going out for an evening I don't consider sitting in a shack in the middle of a busy parking lot to be a plan when good food and a view is also a consideration. But I'm now just an old fogey, for true! Taxi fare from the Reef to the North side will probably run around $11 per person.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 28
7. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

How about North Side Bistro for dinner and Duffy's for a drink afterwards? ;) Or Fish Market and Latitude afterwards? Assuming we can stay awake! Loved all your ideas. Thanks everyone!

North Pole, New York
8. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

Tla those are two great nights, and both nights you're close to home for drinks. Just check Lat's f page to see who is playing each night or call them (don't rely on other sources as the schedule changes). If the Fiddler's band is still on i'lan don't miss that band. We're hoping to hire them for a party up here this summer.

STT, Duffy's is a fun place and was recommended for the #3 request. Not noted for the view but it is a unique experience for sure!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
9. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

tla306: sounds like a plan. More bang for your buck and bigger portions at the bistro but have a great time whatever you decide upon!

cmoores: I've been to Duffy's. "Fun" is in the eye (and ear) of the beholder. Now the original Duffy's on the waterfront ...

North Pole, New York
10. Re: Best Restaurants near the Ritz?

Yes, it certainly is! We are recent converts who always just walked by on our way to another spot. It's as others have described it to us, a spot to make memories and embarass yourself!

Get answers to your questions about East End