We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Red Hook

Memphis
reviews: 5
New Years Eve in Red Hook

We will be in St Thomas, specifically Sapphire Beach on New Year's Eve. I will be traveling with my wife and two 19 yr old girls. What suggestions do y'all have for us? I looked at a couple of hotel parties but the cost was a little high.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
reviews: 14
1. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

The first and perhaps most important advice I can give you is to convince those two 19 year old ladies that New Years Eve will be boring in STT and it would be best to just turn in early.

That may not work.

If it doesn't then any of the places in Red Hook will be rocking. Duffy's is probably the best known party spot, but all of them will have something going on. Molly Malone's may be a bit tamer, but those young ladies will be very much in demand

Hurley, New York
reviews: 22
2. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

Consider JVD

Steve

Memphis
3. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

Is a passport required to go to JVD?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
4. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

Yes, you must have passports to travel between the USVI and the BVI.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
5. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

You'd need to stay on Josts of course, and Foxy's is a very popular spot for the celebration (he has 2 spots depending on how hard you want to party). I doubt any accommodations are available but you can check. A private cat charter is also an option but that's a week charter. There are a couple operators that will moor there that night and you can charter for 2 or 3 days but they are surely booked for that evening. Your daughters would enjoy it I'm sure though!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
6. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

A quick correction, cmoores. Many private charters make the run over to Jost on NYE and return when the festivities are over without necessitating an overnight stay.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
7. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

Ok, thank you STT, didn't know that was an option. What is the price for that, or can you list the operators? If we were younger we would stay on Jost or on the boat, but that option sounds more interesting to us.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
8. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

As I recall the price varies but I think it's in the range of $100-$150. As the time draws closer the operators start advertising locally. I believe one "regular" is Dolphin Water Taxi.

Memphis
9. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

The water taxi is 110 per person round trip. A little expensive for my taste "yes I am cheap". I think we will end up hanging out in Red Hook.

BTW. The going to bed early thing did not work! HaHa

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
10. Re: New Years Eve in Red Hook

Drive up to a high elevation and you can see the midnight fireworks on Jost from St Thomas!

Get answers to your questions about East End