We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa eau claire

N.E. Pa.
reviews: 8
Villa eau claire

Hello,

I am so excited that my husband and I will be spending our 40th anniversary on STJ, (renting Aria Villa).

Also on my birthday, we will stay on STT! Renting the Villa Eau Claire, right on Magens Bay.

Has anyone stayed at either of these villa's? They both look perfect for us.

Seeing as this is the Magens bay forum I'll only ask about this area.

My questions are:

1) How was Villa Eau Claire? Anything to take note on? Pluses, or minus's?

2) Can you walk the shallows of the bay over to Magens bay beach from the villa property? How long did it take you?

3) Where are the closest places from here to purchase food/beer for our stay.

4) I read that the snorkeling is not so good at MBB, but we will be farther down the side of the bay. Will it be any better there?

5) our trip is for two weeks in July. Our first week on STJ and our second here on STT.

Do you have any suggestions, on must sees, or do's?

I looked into charters and decided its too costly for us, but we are interested in the ferries to other islands. We will have our Passports.

We are both really looking forward to this trip and this beautiful island.

Thanks for any information you would like to share.

24 replies to this topic
N.E. Pa.
21. Re: Villa eau claire

Thanks for the dinner recommendations.. Ill check them out ..along with your TR..Off to do some reading! Love TRs!

Mukilteo, Washington
reviews: 2
22. Re: Villa eau claire

Betsy,

The view will be amazing no matter what. We did get to see the view from where the owners will be staying and it does get better the higher you are up. There is a house next door that is for sale and we talked with the owners about it. It's a beautiful home but it's huge! I believe the owners ran out of money and it's just sitting there. When we were at Villa: they did put in lighting on the stairs down to each rooms/apartments which was nice because it's very dark. The owners are continually upgrading, fixing, cleaning, etc. the property. It'w well maintained. Like I said, while our stay there was the owners, a couple and at the end a family with little kids and it was quiet. A few times the kids were down at the beach in the morning and we could hear them but I guess it was time to get up anyways! :)

You can definately swim/wade to Magens. I don't think you could walk tho. We didn't try. If you do, I wouldn't be in a hurry. Magens is the best place to kayak, paddle board, etc. You can rent all of that there. We saw many kayaks in the bay. We would have done it but we were too busy relaxing. :) Little Magens isn't a problem but it's just something different to see because in the states it's taboo. It's funny because people come from Magen's by kayak, snorkle or whatever and walk over the rock and you can tell when they see someone nude because of their reaction. They obviously weren't expecting it.

For restaurants, we did a lot of cooking in but when we went out we loved The Pie Hole. Delicious thin crust, woodfired (gas fired, wood is expensive :)) pizza. It's small so call for reservations or go early. For Valentine's day we went to Banana Tree Grille which was amazing and their glass pours on wine were huge! Also, we heard Mafolie is a nice place and you are to go when the sunsets. You'll see the cruise ships leave and the town come to life with lights. We also tried a Mexican restaurant but I can't remember what it was called. It was in the town of Red Hook right above Molly Malone's. We dined for lunch one time at The Greenhouse when we were shopping in town. I had the fish tacos and they were great.

We went to Coki beach and I wasn't in the mood. I didn't like it. You walk up and locals 'claim' you. I understand they are trying to make a living so that didn't bother me. You have to pay them for chairs, etc. But the beach was super crowded. It's a long beack but a short shoreline so everyone is on top of everyone, and it wasn't a busy cruise day. They say it's good for snorkeling but there is one spot that is full of fish and you just float right there. When I snorkel I like to swim around and go on an adventure. They give you dogfood to feed the fish so they swarm you. Which is neat but I don't like the idea of the fish being dependent on food from humans. That's just me. We didn't venture anywhere else because in Magens Bay, we were spolied. It's the best beach IMO.

N.E. Pa.
23. Re: Villa eau claire

Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions and given info..

It's only three weeks to go for us and we are very excited..

Cant wait to have my toes in the sand..

new jersey
reviews: 39
24. Re: Villa eau claire

We have just rented Aria in St John through caribbean villa mangement company. I have not been able to find much about it on trip advisor which is my go to place for reviews. Im not really sure if it is the same villa/condo but it is in a gated community on Ajax mountain. Found it on VRBO. Can you commnet on the home? Specifically cleanliness, comfort of bed ( I have a bad back). Thanks so much

can

Reply to: Villa eau claire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted