We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa eau claire

N.E. Pa.
reviews: 8
Villa eau claire

Hello,

I am so excited that my husband and I will be spending our 40th anniversary on STJ, (renting Aria Villa).

Also on my birthday, we will stay on STT! Renting the Villa Eau Claire, right on Magens Bay.

Has anyone stayed at either of these villa's? They both look perfect for us.

Seeing as this is the Magens bay forum I'll only ask about this area.

My questions are:

1) How was Villa Eau Claire? Anything to take note on? Pluses, or minus's?

2) Can you walk the shallows of the bay over to Magens bay beach from the villa property? How long did it take you?

3) Where are the closest places from here to purchase food/beer for our stay.

4) I read that the snorkeling is not so good at MBB, but we will be farther down the side of the bay. Will it be any better there?

5) our trip is for two weeks in July. Our first week on STJ and our second here on STT.

Do you have any suggestions, on must sees, or do's?

I looked into charters and decided its too costly for us, but we are interested in the ferries to other islands. We will have our Passports.

We are both really looking forward to this trip and this beautiful island.

Thanks for any information you would like to share.

24 replies to this topic
Mukilteo, Washington
reviews: 2
1. Re: Villa eau claire

We are looking in to this one as well! Please let me know what you think!!

N.E. Pa.
2. Re: Villa eau claire

Id be glad to let you know.

It's so hard to get renters info/opinions on some of these villa's.

I have been looking at pictures I can find on the net. Some look like there is a building next to it, some don't have the building, and some have what looks like construction. I cant get dates on most, so I am not sure what is happening next door( the side farthest from the beach).

Mukilteo, Washington
3. Re: Villa eau claire

Thanks! I'm curious too. When are you going?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 14
4. Re: Villa eau claire

You can walk the shoreline to get to Little Magens from the villa, and you COULD also walk to Magens but it's quite a long haul either over rocks or swimming a distance. Far easier to hop in your rental vehicle and drive. There's very little decent snorkeling in that whole general area but the best snorkeling beaches - Coki, Sapphire and Secret Harbour (all on the East end) are at most a 15 minute drive away.

As far as grocery/booze shopping is concerned, you're an easy drive to CostULess in Market Square East off Rte 38 and to Plaza Extra in Tutu Park Mall (where KMart is located too).

I do have one correction to the villa owner's vrbo listing where it's said that, "nude sunbathing is allowed at Little Magens". This isn't true. Nude sunbathing DOES take place there now and then but under VI law it's illegal. Little Magens used to be one of my favorite spots and there were several times when police officers came down the path to the beach and nicely reminded topless or nude sunbathers to put their tops/clothes back on. Friends who go there now advise this hasn't changed. I don't recall anyone ever being arrested but best to be aware of local laws!

N.E. Pa.
5. Re: Villa eau claire

Jessica,

We will be going the end of July 2013. Really looking forward to it.

STTResident,

Wow! Thank you for all the info. How big is Little Magens beach? I really wouldn't care one way or the other if there were nudes, but I wont be one of them...lol I read there were turtles, is this true? I hope it is. I am excited to see them and maybe getting some good photos.

Again thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Mukilteo, Washington
6. Re: Villa eau claire

We are in talks to booking, so it's not 100% that we'll be staying here. But hopefully today it will be official. We'll be there in Feb so if we stay here, I'll let you know how it is!!! :)

Thanks STTResident!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 14
7. Re: Villa eau claire

Betsy, It's a small beach but very pretty. Quite a way out there's a reef and some sea grass patches where you can find a few fish but I've never seen any turtles out there. Better chance of seeing those at Sapphire and also off several of the STJ beaches.

By the way, while you're staying out on Peterborg be sure to stop at Udder Delite which is on the main road to Magens and which you'll pass every time you leave Peterborg. It's a little well-marked structure where you'll find the best milkshakes ever. Naturally the ones which contain a liberal addition of alcohol are the best - and sipping one en route to a shopping expedition makes the list so much easier to deal with ...

N.E. Pa.
8. Re: Villa eau claire

Jessica,

That would be so great.. I will look for you posts. Have a great time!

STTR,

I will be sure to enjoy one (or more) of those milkshakes, while I'm in the area!

I think They have a kayak for use, so maybe Ill go out and check it out.

Thank you again.

Gulf Shores...
9. Re: Villa eau claire

Hi! We are checking in to Villa Eau Claire two bedroom tomorrow! I will definitely let you know how it is. So far the owners have been great to deal with and seem like lovely people. We've heard nothing but great things about the area and chose Megan's Bay over the more crowded East end. Connie

N.E. Pa.
10. Re: Villa eau claire

Connie.

I cant wait to hear what you think about it..and if you take pictures I'd love to see them!

Enjoy your time on the islands!

Betsyv

Reply to: Villa eau claire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted