We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SUV Rentals

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lucedale...
reviews: 17
SUV Rentals

I will be traveling in March 28- April 3 and need to find an suv to rent. I am having trouble finding one, so looking for some advice?? I've checked with Dependable Car Rental and all the main car rental companies. Any other suggestions? We have 4 adults and 2 children in our group and have many adventures planned on the island, so really need a mid-full size SUV.

Charlotte Amalie...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte Amalie
reviews: 43
1. Re: SUV Rentals

Amalie Car Rental has a few.

RL

long island
reviews: 2
2. Re: SUV Rentals

I just booked a Jeep Liberty for two weeks with Discount Car Rental (Mar 5-19). The agent June was very nice and helpful.

Lucedale...
reviews: 17
3. Re: SUV Rentals

Thanks to both the suggestions. I checked wiht both and unfortunatley I only found 1 between those and it was $900/week. I think everyone has raised their rates durign that week with it beign such a popular travel week. I did find 2 small cars available through zap rentals. Anyone dealt with them?? They gave me a much better price, but did tell me that these cars are not new like most rental companies, however they are great plenty reliable and can travel to St. john. I don't mind not having a new car, just want to be able to get around. Any feedback??

Ohio
reviews: 32
4. Re: SUV Rentals

Nahhhhh....that wouldn't work for me. Not an OLD vehicle, let alone a CAR AND through a company I've never heard of. If your old car breaks down on St. John, will this company bring you another one?

I'd rather be safe than sorry, and rent from a company that's well known. You'll really want an SUV on St. John.

If necessary, you could rent one vehicle on STT, use it to transport 1/2 your group on a grocery expedition, while sending the other 1/2 of the group over to the ferry to STJ, and on STJ they could pick up a pre-arranged cheaper 2 door Jeep rental.

That would give you two vehicles on STJ, which would be a bonus. If you pick a STJ company that allows you to park your vehicle there for free, that'd be a plus too. Maybe they'd allow you to park both vehicles for free, if they had room.

5. Re: SUV Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014