We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
reviews: 4
Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

I am looking for a sailing trip that is not crowded, something upscale...thanks

St. Thomas
reviews: 2
1. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

Look into S/V High Pockets owned by Jim and Kathleen - impeccable vessel, well sailed and extraordinary service, food and drink.

The S/V Nightwind and Captain Rick is also a beautiful wooden yawl, and is another super clean, well sailed and comfortable sailboat that commonly visits less traveled snorkel spots.

Edited: 2:24 pm, January 15, 2012
georgia
reviews: 4
2. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

Thanks so much for the reply!

Philadelphia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

I'll second Nightwind. Chartered it for 17 of us in late December and had a great time. Captain Rick and Nicky were wonderful and we had a beautiful day to sail and snorkel. I asked Rick to take us to Leincester Bay and Waterlemon Cay to snorkel and it was spectacular. The best we've had in the Caribbean.

Canal Fulton, Ohio
reviews: 7
4. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

We just returned from St Thomas last week and had a wonderful sailboat/snorkel full day trip on the sailboat Simplicity. I cannot recommend them enough. The boat is beautifully restored. Charlie and Josh did a fabulous job. They only take 6 passengers and we were spoiled the whole time. They picked us up in the Red Hook american yacht club harbor and asked us what we wanted to do. All six of us really wanted to snorkel instead of spending time on a beach and they took us to 2 great spots to snorkel. We had a fabulous lunch prepared by Charlie as we were in the water snorkeling with Josh who has a degree in marine biology. He pointed out many interesting things in the water that we would have missed. Give them a call, they are fabulous and the customer service they provide is impeccable!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
5. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

work2travelgi ....... can you give us a ballpark figure of costs for a full day trip with Simplicity? Were you snorkeling around STT waters or did you snorkel around St John's? Many thanks ....

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 14
6. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

I'll add to the mix by recommending S/V Independence.

http://www.independence44.us/

Captain Pat Stoeken knows these waters like the back of her hand, has a longtime stellar reputation, and the lovely Independence is also a 6 passenger only yacht.

7. Re: Leaving in a week, need the best snorkeling boating charter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 19, 2013