We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One-day in Charlotte Amalie

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 11
One-day in Charlotte Amalie

We'll be cruising and visiting Charlotte Amalie in March 2012. Could someone recommend some activities? I haven't found anything on parasailing, which I thought would be fun. Any recommendations? Also places to visits or best beaches. Any advice would be appreciated.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 87
1. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

There are several threads here on beaches and sightseeing if you want to search the forum. As visitors to the island we enjoyed Sapphire Beach followed by some time at Paradise Point as a fun day, perhaps you could research those 2 spots. You will get some great recommendations from others here as well. Cruisecritic has also several threads in the Ports/St Thomas forum on Sapphire Beach as well as tour guide recommendations.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 31
2. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

You can parasail, jet ski, and snorkel at Sapphire, but the parasailing and jet skis are offered at the Sapphire Marina which is around the corner of the beach.

You can also do jet skis at Coki (as well as snorkeling).

You can do Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) at Hull Bay (http://www.supvi.com).

You can do kayaking/snorkeling at http://www.viecotours.com.

You can hike/beach at Magens (I wrote about the Magens Bay hiking trail on Trip Advisor). You can find it by going through my Contributions.

You can swim with sea lions, SNUBA, Sea Trek, and have encounters with sea turtles and sharks at Coral World.

You can bike ride on Water Island. Can't remember that exact link.

If I think of others, I'll post again.

Edited: 5:32 pm, November 15, 2011
St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
3. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

Oh! You can also do mini boat rides with Captain Nautica! You'll have to google for that one, too.

Ottawa, Canada
4. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

Thank you Ms411 for the great suggestions! Do you know anything about Caribe Excursions or Caribbean WaterSports?

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
5. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

There are VI Watersports and CruiseShipExcursions, but I haven't heard of those others. What types of activities do they offer? I don't see either in the phone book, so they may be new.

Edited: 2:31 pm, November 16, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
6. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

Sorry, the company was VI Watersports (Joe Campana). The other one: Caribe Excursions is operated by Mike Hopson.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
7. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

VI Watersports has been around for a long time and does an excellent job. Haven't heard of the other, but will ask around. Which ship will you be on?

8. Re: One-day in Charlotte Amalie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 30, 2012