We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meghan's Bay

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
reviews: 22
Meghan's Bay

My husband and I will be visiting St. Thomas via a cruise in February. We already stopped their once before on a cruise and did some snorkeling. Now we want to see Meghan's Bay and go to the beach. Is the best way there a taxi from town ? If so, how much do the taxi's normally cost ?

I would appreciate any input.

US
reviews: 1
1. Re: Meghan's Bay

Yes, you can take a taxi from town. It'll cost you at least $20 - $30 plus tip one way.

Have a good time!

Pinkcat

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 9
2. Re: Meghan's Bay

I suspect you may be disappointed when you see Megans Bay. I don't understand how it gets rated so high. I've seen many beaches in the Caribbean which put it to shame. In fact, several on St. John are much prettier and won't be nearly as crowded. St. John is easy to get to, either from downtown CA or Red Hook. If you take my advice, go to St. John and either go to Hawksnest or Francis Bay. There won't be many people at either and both are a lot prettier than Megans Bay.

home
reviews: 6
3. Re: Meghan's Bay

My 2 cents: We have been to St. Thomas and St.John many times and now stay two weeks at Sapphire Beach (STT) every year. We never miss a trip to Magens Bay Beach. It without a doubt, is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Carib.. All have their own distinct beauty and Magens is not to be missed. IMHO. The water is warm and calm, the bottom is all sand out till ya can no longer stand up and they have a very good Beach bar and short order rest. right on the beach. Nothing like having one of the bikini cld waitreses bring your Pain Killer out to where you are in the water.The color of the water and white sand with the surrounding green hillsides is incredible.Snorkeling is fair at best due to lack of reef structure in beach area. I think the stated taxi fares are way high also. Check them out on one of the web sites. They open air vans to and from Magens are many and easy to find and I think they are like $12 round trip each. The beach does get crowded when there are several Cruise Ships in Port. I can provide more info if you desire. Have a great time....

Bob

home
reviews: 6
4. Re: Meghan's Bay

I just checked on Virgin-Islands-Now.com and it looks like the taxi fare is $8 each, each way. I would recomend you check with your Cruise Tour people as they may well have a better rate. If you can book a trip to Mt. Top( views and Banana Daquires) and Drakes Seat( history and views) with a few (3-4) hours at Magens it might be a good thing to do. My wife and I go from Feb 04-18 every year. we are early 50's and active, go day sailing, fishing and to BVI's and STJ while on Island. We first visited on Royal Caribbean and were bitten by the Island BUG. We live in New England so I guess it figures. Have car and air fare booked already.

PS. St. John is primo. Just need some time (Island that is) to really enjoy. I really think the time crunch with the taxi and ferry make things a bit rushed. Not an Island thing.

Bob

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 22
5. Re: Meghan's Bay

Thanks for all your input. Very helpful.

Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie