We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach for the WHOLE family...

Boca Raton
reviews: 5
Best Beach for the WHOLE family...

We are traveling to St Thomas via Oasis of the Seas in April. My immediate family includes a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old but we are also traveling with couples. I think all of us would prefer a beautiful quiet beach away from the cruise crowds, but with somewhere to get a snack and a drink close by. We had planned on going to Jost Van Dyke but I am afraid of the time of travel and the customs. We wouldn't want to miss our ship!!

Please advise! Thanks!!!

3 replies to this topic
St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 35
1. Re: Best Beach for the WHOLE family...

If you post beaches fitting your description online, they won't stay that way for long. :-)

Right now I think Emerald Beach would be your best bet. It's big enough to accommodate, is always quiet, and has several food and drink options. They have figured out how to make both hotel guests and cruisers happy without causing conflict.

The beach area past the hotels may not be as clean, but the locals settle in that area with towels under the trees. Look out for the iguanas! The locals may not always be quiet.

You may also want to check the Elysian. It's further from the ship dock and not sure about the chair situation for non guests.

Catskill, New York
reviews: 11
2. Re: Best Beach for the WHOLE family...

Check out Water Island. Short Ferry ride from Crown Bay (really easy if that is where your ship docks). Honeymoon Beach is a short walk up and over the hill from the ferry dock, can be challenging for those w/ mobility issues. The water is calm, the beach is beautiful and the two beach grills (one on each end) serve excellent food and drinks. Briefly, slightly busy around lunch time when a few tour boats show up. the water Island ferry schedule (and others) can be found here. vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/#re…

St. Thomas
reviews: 2
3. Re: Best Beach for the WHOLE family...

If you can get along without rental chairs and just use towels in the shade of trees I recommend Brewers Bay Beach -- a couple food trucks for beverages and simple local food favorites - very calm water - likely turtle sightings - big wide and quiet sandy beach close to the Crown Bay cruise ship port.

Reply to: Best Beach for the WHOLE family...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted