We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

donating kids clothing & schools items

Lee, NH
reviews: 57
donating kids clothing & schools items

whenever we travel we bring clothing & school supplies to needy areas. I know the poverty level is around 30% for USVI but can't find organizations or needy schools...any ideas?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
1. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

Thank you. The Nana-Baby Children's Home is a wonderful organization which always most graciously welcomes clothing and supplies to benefit the children in its care. You can call them at 340-775-0044.

Lee, NH
2. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

Hi, thank you. I assume from your e-address that this is on St. Thomas, which is where we will be staying. Do you know if they have a website & list a wish list? or ages of children? I will google but if you have any other info I'd appreciate it.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
3. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

No they don't have a website. You should just call them directly. They house children of all ages from newborns through teenagers. Many of their children come to them through the court and social service systems - addicted parents, felons, etc. where there is no family to care for them. They're located in the Anna's Retreat area of St Thomas which is in the area close to the Tutu Park Mall on Rte 38.

Lee, NH
4. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

thank you. I will definitely call

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
5. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

Thank YOU! They're lovely people who do a fabulous job and every little helps.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 35
6. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

Some organization posts wish lists during Christmas season. They usually have a tree at Tutu Park Mall with the lists.

It would be great if donorchoose.org serviced the VI, because VI educators would gain another donation source. Maybe you can make that happen?!

Lee, NH
7. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

Unfortunately we won't be there until late january so won't see the tree. I'm sure there are many pre-schools & elementary schools who can use the items...It seems like only the big organizations who already receive lots of money & stuff know enough to post a list linked to the travel sights. I'm not familiar with the site you mentioned. I'll keep checking and accumulating possibilities. Let me know if you come up with anything. and thanks for posting.

8. Re: donating kids clothing & schools items

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2014