We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resort

Which St. Thomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
All inclusive resort

Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive resorts in St Thomas. We recently stayed at Couples Resort in Negril Jamaica and really liked the idea that once we were there, there was no additional $$ needed. We are looking for a medium size resort and we are pool and beach people. Thanks!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 4
1. Re: All inclusive resort

The USVI are not known for all-inclusives because the islands are safe to explore on your own. Lots of great restaurants and easy to island hop. There are a couple on St Thomas that offer it as an option. I think the Marriot is one, but can't remember the other(s). You might want to look into a condo on the beach where you can make some of your meals if you want. Make your drinks, pack a cooler and veg by the pool or on the beach.

Reading...
2. Re: All inclusive resort

Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is the only other one on the island I believe.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147407-d147658…

North Pole, New York
reviews: 87
3. Re: All inclusive resort

It is true that STT is not known for AI resorts, and the proximity of STT to STJ and the islands of the BVI make the area a prime destination for visiting different islands as blue said. But the islands that are known for AI's are not necessarily any less safe than STT.

Gumby you like the AI experience and you'll want to look at destinations where there are different choices. I imagine you want a nice beach location,depending on your budget you could look at the Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma (Out Islands of the Bahamas) . Or Beaches in Grace Bay, Turks & Caicos. Also look at the Sandals properties in Antigua and St Lucia including Grand Pineapple on Antigua. You will find different price points of course but most are in the range you are familiar with.

We're fans of the Riviera Maya (Playa Del Carmen and south) and the Iberostar chain, if you like gorgeous beaches and natural beauty I can recommend a nice spot there that is not as pricey as the Sandals properties. But for an eastern Carib AI Sandals, Breezes, and Beaches are the main names I know.

If you are still interested in STT you will find that condo "resorts" on the East End of the island are the main options (Secret Harbor, Sapphire Beach and others). You can rent a condo from the owner (or from the resort at SH) and have a place right on a nice beach but definitely not an AI experience.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
4. Re: All inclusive resort

Good point crmoores. I'll add Aruba to your list. We just aren't AI people. Done it and found that we missed so much by going AI. Less likely to leave the resort since you've already paid for everything. Actually we aren't resort types either. We really love the freedom (and space) that a condo or private villa offers. We like to prepare some of our meals (breakfast and lunches for the beach) and make drinks to enjoy while sitting on the deck soaking in the incrediable views. We always rent a vehicle and just explore, stopping where ever, to check out the beaches, eat, hike, etc

North Pole, New York
5. Re: All inclusive resort

We stay mostly in condos and beach hotels with an occasional resort stay. All depends on the destination and the moment. The option of eating in for breakfast and lunch is very convenient, especially when staring at a gorgeous beach like Sapphire or Grace Bay. In Jamaica we stayed at a small hotel (Doctor's Cave Beach Hotel) because we were traveling everyday to other areas. Next visit we may try an Iberostar or Secrets for part of the stay as I know my wife enjoys being pampered once in awhile. Then we'll hit a beach cabana in Tulum or Roatan for my fix.

It's all good when in paradise. The question is what works for Gumby, and STT is probably not the answer.

Edit - couldn't agree with you more about just driving and exploring or just taking in the beautiful scenery!

Edited: 9:00 pm, June 24, 2013
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
6. Re: All inclusive resort

crmoores - You mention Tulum & Roatan for your "fix". Have you been to Belize? We returned end of May from our first trip to Belize. We split our trip with 6 nights on Caye Caulker & 5 nights on Ambergris. We loved, loved, loved Caye Caulker. No cars! We walked everywhere. We stayed at Seaside Cabanas (room #18 - see my review) Breakfast was included, which was very simple. Fresh fruit, pastries & coffee, but perfect for us. Plenty of places to choose from for lunch & dinner. We had a small kitchen in our unit, but decided to be lazy. We will definitely go back. Ambergris was too busy for us, but we still enjoyed our time there.

Great Meadows, New...
reviews: 5
7. Re: All inclusive resort

St. Thomas has some of the most wonderful restaurants-you may want to reconsider an all inclusive.

Stone Ridge NY
reviews: 22
8. Re: All inclusive resort

This may be of some pertinence:

stthomassource.com/content/news/local-news/2…

North Pole, New York
9. Re: All inclusive resort

Thanks Bluewater. We were in Belize for one day on a cruise and want to return and I will look at Caye Caulker -thanks!

10. Re: All inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014