We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Which St. Thomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 38
Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Anyone know whats going on in bldg D? Was there the other day and all of the units were boarded up on the balcony side of the units and it looked like they were rehabing the balconies and roof coverings.

Curious if anyone is staying in those units as this work is going on. Seems to be unuseable since you cannot access the balcony.

SIL is booked (via VRBO) there next week and hasn't heard anything from the owner.

She is getting concerned.

Mike in Tulsa

50 replies to this topic
Los Angeles, CA
31. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Hi Mike, we did meet, so cool! I think I saw you again when I went back to our room to get more painkiller supplies. :)) We stayed on the rainy beach until almost 5 and had the best day! I have new respect for the snorkeling here at Sapphire. I saw my first spotted eagle ray and we found the turtle again with the three sucker fish attached. It was awesome when the turtle surfaced and the sucker fish would release and swim underneath the turtle and then reattached to the turtle's shell when he went back down, like a little family. We didn't see any turtles while snorkeling at Pebble Cove on St. John this time.

As far as the construction, it hasn't been a problem for us and we are right next door on the corner of building E. It would suck to be staying in building D and I have noticed that a few of the units are occupied, including the corner units by us on the ground and second floors, hope they got a great discount! The construction workers we have encountered have all been pleasant and accommodating, they were drilling holes in side of our friends unit in the A building, I presume preparing for the next renovation.

We have had a great time and I highly recommend Sapphire Beach Resort to anyone looking for a place to stay right on a beautiful beach. Just make sure to rent from an owner and make sure they not are renovating the building your unit is in. It's back home for us tomorrow, can't wait to return!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
32. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

LaRue....Yep that was us...sorry to hear you have already had to leave, you didn't miss much today, rain all day. Been very rainy this trip, both here and St John.

Mike in Tulsa

PS, I lived in the OC in my teens...Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley area, actually went to Garden Grove HS.

san clemente
reviews: 1
33. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Mike and LRue how was the rest of your trip? Any additional info on construction or anything else?

Thanks in advance. Heading to E301 on saturday! Lynne

Mountain Home...
reviews: 35
34. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

This fall the A building is next to be repaired and the project will be done during September, October, and November. .That is good to know Bill im glad we will be staying in A building in February.Sure hope there wont be any delays and they will be done.

www.youtube.com/user/BUZZARDROOST5015/videos…

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
reviews: 14
35. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

The condo association does not permit construction activity during high season. So unless something catastrophic happened you have no worries

Mountain Home...
reviews: 35
36. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Thank you Bill that puts my mind at ease.

Illinois
37. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

We're in E206 right now and they are doing some cosmetic work outside on the E building front (not balconies, they are on the parking lot side). It's not bad, but don't plan on taking a nap during the day. I will say that we would have liked to have known about the construction in advance. That said, it's not any worse noise than what you'd hear at a hotel if they were renovating rooms during the day.

I wouldn't call the D building inhabitable as we can see it right now. They are doing exterior work, staining doors, and working on all the balconies (all railings are down, you can't go on them). There are workmen all over the front, back, and sides of the building. I don't see how anyone could have rented out a unit to someone without telling them about the extent of the work, that would be seriously dishonest.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
38. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Yogi...nothing to update other than what I have already posted. Jack hammering was just about done when we left and they were finishing the forms to pour the base for the balcony railings. Our trip was very rainy, more so than I remember in the past for June/July. Used the pool for the first time and enjoyed being away from everyone when the cruise ships were in port. Security confirmed with everyone at the pool that they were guests. Have no idea how they determined if we were really guests, just asked our unit numbers. I guess if you knew enough about the place you could use the pool even if your not staying there.

I am working on a trip report and will have lots of info in it.

Mike in Tulsa

Philadelphia...
39. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

Thanks for the update BB, we are planning to come in May of 2014. Any idea of which buildings may be getting renovated during that time? Multiple familes are coming so it would be nice to be forwarned and able to plan accordinly. Thanks again for your help!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
reviews: 14
40. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction

There has been no announcement on the next buildings to be done. If I had to guess it would be B and E but I am saying that because the order makes sense. If one building is more in need of repair than another then that would probably dictate the repair order.

It makes it difficult for an owner or renter that wants to book now for that period so if I hear anything I will post it.

Reply to: Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina Bldg D Construction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted