We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soggy dollar bar

Haymarket, Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Soggy dollar bar

Anyone heard of or have info on the Soggy Dollar Bar. Apparently you take a boat out and then must swim to the bar?

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
105 reviews
11. Re: Soggy dollar bar

Actually nj, AA will remain AA, they will just be operated by US Air.

So Mike you're still flyin' straight!

Boston
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
27 reviews
12. Re: Soggy dollar bar

It will remain AA but there is a new logo and new livery.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
32 reviews
13. Re: Soggy dollar bar

Side story for our last trip to Soggy Dollar. Husband was in the crystal clear water and I was sitting on the chair watching. He found a $20.00 bill! He grabbed it and had the biggest smile on his face. I looked and there were so many bills in the water. I shouted to him to grab them! Fast! He's diving down and comes up with a fistful of money.

Long story short....it was his money that he had in his bathing suit...lol

So, keep your money in a safe place.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
105 reviews
14. Re: Soggy dollar bar

Saffie, really! I thought they were retaining their logo. WOW - I guess it is a huge story then...the historic airline with all of the "firsts" being re-branded...

Boston
Level Contributor
4,093 posts
27 reviews
15. Re: Soggy dollar bar

crmoores: Here is a pic. They did it about a month ago. What do you think?

mashable.com/2013/…

Baraboo, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
168 posts
21 reviews
16. Re: Soggy dollar bar

is the water deep? my husband can't swim and he does have a life jacket but if it's far he may get nervous

Charlotte Amalie...
Destination Expert
for Charlotte Amalie
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
17. Re: Soggy dollar bar

I am at the airport often and haven't seen any new logos yet! Soon I guess.

Will be no doubt they are American proudly sporting the red, white, and blue.

RL

Colorado
Level Contributor
698 posts
10 reviews
18. Re: Soggy dollar bar

BabsO

I would imagine various boats can maneuver to get closer for someone if needed. With a life jacket you float and without one you still float unless you fight it

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
105 reviews
19. Re: Soggy dollar bar

is the water deep? my husband can't swim and he does have a life jacket but if it's far he may get nervous

If you are getting off a water taxi or other motorboat you'll be in chest-deep water or deeper, other boats you may get your ankles wet and with larger boats you'll be taken in on a dingy. I read something about a dock or floating pontoon in White Bay, what is that about?

Vermont
Level Contributor
86 posts
20. Re: Soggy dollar bar

We did one of the day excursions and had to jump in and swim to get there. They provided flotation devices for people that can't swim. I can swim but I am really nervous with the waves. It was fine and we had a blast there. We will be going back sometime in April and plan on spending the day there!