We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sapphire beach to Lindqvist Beach walkable?

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
112 posts
389 reviews

We are staying by sapphire and wanted to do a big long beach day. Pack a cooler and spend half at one and half at the other. Is this doable?

Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
85 posts
11. Re: Is Sapphire beach to Lindqvist Beach walkable?

Sounds like my kind of adventure! I will report back with the details! There is a spot from the path where it is only 177 feet to the beach through the flesh eating thorns, that is just a little over a half of football field and I'll be fine. A couple scorpion bites here or there are not much of an issue either. Additionally there is no area of going through private property so that won't be an issue. I mean come on, gets some sense of adventure SttRodent, it can be such an adventuresome island if you have the athletic ability and training for these types of things compared to thinking just "snorkeling" is a full body military style workout. So drop the local coconut telegraph of things you hear on island and get out for some adventure! You can promote it to the USVI tourism board as "The Island of Adventure" :) The slogan can be something like Snorkeling is for Amateurs, Come Enjoy a Jungle Walk.

Pics and video of this very easy walk for the adventurous will be coming in a month (and yes there are some "illegally" cut trails through the flesh eating thorns already, you just have to know where they are).

1 post
12. Re: Is Sapphire beach to Lindqvist Beach walkable?

How did it go - did you make it through the "flesh eating thorns?" Looking forward to the pics and videos because I was thinking the very same thing about trying the trek through the woods at the end of April?

Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
20 reviews
13. Re: Is Sapphire beach to Lindqvist Beach walkable?

I think people may be missing the other problem I encountered when I walked it.. BIG, SNARLING , TRAINED, GUARD DOGS.

I was lucky when i did it because it just so happened that it was a holiday and the residents were at home and called off the dogs. I am not sure it would have ended well if the people weren't home.

14. Re: Is Sapphire beach to Lindqvist Beach walkable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 07, 2014