We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Which St. Thomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milford, Connecticut
Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Hello,

I will be coming to St. Thomas in a little over 2 weeks with my boyfriend. (I cannot wait!) We were looking into doing a day boat trip to the BVI's specifically Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda to see the baths. Is there a company that does both of those in one day, and what would you recommend?

I really appreciate it!

St. Thomas
reviews: 2
1. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Check 'Breakaway' operating out of Sapphire marina or 'Pirates Penny'//'Stormy Petrel' in Red Hook - some days that is the itinerary.

A private power vessel with Captain would be more a costly option but allow you the freedom to do as you wish for the day.

Edited: 2:44 pm, December 07, 2012
Philadelphia...
reviews: 28
2. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

It seems like you may be there around Christmas. I wouldn't waste any time in getting in touch with any of the outfits that local sailor mentioned. It's going to be a busy time.

I'm sure you'll have a great time with whoever you go with.

Have fun!

Alexandria VA
reviews: 60
3. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

I'm booked on the Stormy Petrel on Friday, Dec 14 on BVI trip. Forgot which islands, but I'm sure you can google it. I booked through Morningstar Charters.

Philadelphia
reviews: 7
4. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

We've done Virgin Gorda and JVD on Bad Kitty and had a very good day trip. It leaves out of Cruz Bay on St. John. They stop for a nice lunch on Coppers Island (also a BVI) with a snorkeling stop along the way.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 95
5. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

>>It seems like you may be there around Christmas. I wouldn't waste any time in getting in touch with any of the outfits that local sailor mentioned. It's going to be a busy tiime<<

WOW - Not sure why that was thought to be helpful?

Definitely try the operators localsailor recommended as they are the best. We will try stormy petrel next visit.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
6. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

cmoores, I thought the same on a first reading but I believe what itsconnie meant to say was that contacting the charters would be better done sooner than later because of the increased booking demands in high season.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
7. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Samantha C: although you can't do both in one day, you can also take the public ferry to both. Obviously no snorkeling stops en route but something you might want to look into. Here's a link to the inter island ferry schedule and rates. Just scroll down for the BVI itineraries:

www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

Note too that whether you go on a private charter or by ferry, you must have valid passports in order to travel between the BVI and the USVI.

Have fun on your visit!

Milford, Connecticut
8. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Many thanks for all of your feedback. I actually just booked through Breakaway. They go to Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke. It seems like an amazing trip.

North Pole, New York
reviews: 95
9. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

ok - sorry I misinterpreted that - it did look funny!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 37
10. Re: Day Boat Trip from St. Thomas to BVI's

Thats a good trip, Baths in morning, lunch at Pussers, snorkeling after then to Soggy Dollar for afternoon drinks...fun trip.

Mike in Tulsa