We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good beer and hard cider

Sparta, New Jersey
reviews: 1
good beer and hard cider

We'll be visiting St. Thomas for 10 days in early December and staying at Sugar Bay. I read the beer selections there are limited, which is fine...I'm happy drinking mixed drinks and such there for our visit, but I was wondering if there is a place where we can buy 6 packs of good bottled beer or hard cider (ala Woodchuck, Crispin or Angry Orchard). We're kind of beer snobs and don't mind paying a little to have good beer.

Thanks in advance. I did a search and perhaps I used the wrong parameters, but I didn't find anything.

Another question would be to be pointed to a bar with good beers and/or cider on tap or that serves cider.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 37
1. Re: good beer and hard cider

Gourmet Gallery in Havensight might have craft beers, or may be able to get them for you if you pre order. They provision many yachts. Do you need their number?

St. Thomas
reviews: 2
2. Re: good beer and hard cider

Check Pie Whole in Frenchtown for exotic beers.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
3. Re: good beer and hard cider

Both Plaza Extra and CostULess carry a big selection of domestic and imported beers; a few bars carry draught beers but the selection here is limited; and I haven't seen hard cider here in several years. Seems that the local distributor stopped bringing it in when the demand wasn't there.

Sparta, New Jersey
reviews: 1
4. Re: good beer and hard cider

thanks all. I can probably find the phone number. :-) And even if we can't have great beer and cider, there is plenty to drink there and alcohol of course, isn't the main factor in any trip.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 19
5. Re: good beer and hard cider

Just looked at the Pie Whole website and there are bottled ciders on their beer list. And it's only about 4 miles from the cruise terminal. I think I know where I'm going for lunch when we stop there.

6. Re: good beer and hard cider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 21, 2013