We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalie Car Rental

Which St. Thomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jefferson, Ohio
reviews: 1
Amalie Car Rental

We just returned from 2 weeks on St. Thomas and St. John. I wanted to let future travelers to the area know about Amalie Car Rental. It is a great company. Their Jeeps are awesome. (We got a mid size Jeep, after seeing the roads on St. John I was very glad we did) They have excellent customer service, and they will pick you up at the airport. The taxis are expensive, so that is a great perk! It is a small family owned company. They care about their business, it really shows in their customer service. We met other people that rented from other companies, and their Jeeps had mechanical issues. For St. John I definitely recommend a Jeep.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 16
1. Re: Amalie Car Rental

We ALWAYS rent from Amalie. Love them:)) So worth the little extra $$. We have never had a Jeep (thats all we rent) that was more than 2 years old. Like you said, their customer service is second to none.

Hampton Roads, VA
reviews: 37
2. Re: Amalie Car Rental

Very good to hear. Just booked with them for the first time for June!

St.Thomas,Ontario...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Amalie Car Rental

Also have a booking with them for July 2012. Getting in some what late at night..8:00pm but they said that would not be a problem.

St.Thomas,Ontario...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Amalie Car Rental

Can Amalie car company comment on taking vehicles to St John?

Jefferson, Ohio
reviews: 1
5. Re: Amalie Car Rental

You take the car ferry at Red Hook which takes you to Cruz Bay. On the weekend we paid $25 each way. During the week it was $30. We never bought a round trip ticket because there are different ferries. After doing it we started checking the schedules online. If you time it right, you could save a little money buying a round trip ticket. Our last trip we got to ride on the ferry that had real palm trees and a big sitting area on top. It was cool! It left Cruz Bay at 9 a.m.

western NY
reviews: 27
6. Re: Amalie Car Rental

Amalie's service is unparalleled. They could not improve upon it in any way and we will remain dedicated customers. Re: taking the Jeep to St. John, the governor of the VI has squashed yesterday's action, and I hope that it is permanently revoked. If your travel isn't imminent, perhaps just wait and let the dust settle, to see what will happen. I don't think anyone knows for sure, right now.

Acworth, Georgia
reviews: 41
7. Re: Amalie Car Rental

We allow our Jeeps to be taken over to St. John. They are all 2012 models, so nothing much can happen - maybe a flat tire.

New Jersey, USA
reviews: 4
8. Re: Amalie Car Rental

Amaie Car Rental is a husband and wife owned company with wonderful customer service. If you are going to St. John, they will bring car to airport with paper work already done and you drive off. Upon return, they meet you at the airport and it is quick and easly. Very nice people and made our trip so much better than taxi to Red Hook and then people ferry to St. John or even trip to off site car rentals. Will always rent from Amalie.

Scottsdale, Arizona
9. Re: Amalie Car Rental

we will be staying at the Frenchmen Marriott starting on Friday 6th thru Thursday 13th. we would like to rent a Jeep for four days say starting on Sunday. what is the best way to coordinate since we will have already left the airport

Minneapolis...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Amalie Car Rental

How do I contact Amalie?