We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get around

Which St. Thomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
How to get around

My girlfriend and I are staying at Point Pleasant and will be there this Saturday. I have been to St. John before but have only spent about an hour or so on St. Thomas. I was hoping for some advice on how best to get to Red Hook from Point Pleasant. How much should the taxi fare be and how late do they run (I hear Red Hook has a good night life?) Appreciate any insight you may be able to offer.

Hampton Roads, VA
reviews: 37
1. Re: How to get around

Red Hook is very close to Point Pleasant, I don't think the Taxi fare would be more than $3-4 pp (however, I don't trust them because they try to take advantage of you). There will be one available at Red Hook until the bars close most likely, Duffy's is a hot spot. Check the vinow.com site, I think they post taxi fares there.

I am guessing it to be 1-2 miles from PP to Red Hook.

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
2. Re: How to get around

Vladict, thank you for your insight. I heard that the dollar buses are a good way to get around also. Are their loops going in each direction? Would you have to circle the whole island to get back to where you came from and about how long would that take? Again, thanks for the help. :)