We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

Ohio
reviews: 2
St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

Thinking about taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise and getting married in St. Thomas/St. John's. Not a lot of time. Possibly a wedding followed by a brunch. Any ideas?

New Jersey
reviews: 4
1. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

Janice

I'm planning a St. Thomas wedding as well and have seen many couples get married this way. The best and simplest option would be to get in touch with a planner on the island. They offer all inclusive packages with as little or as much as you want. The planner will pick you and your group up at the cruise ship dock, bringing you into town to get your marriage license, arranging an officiant, photography, flowers, and as much or as little as you'd like. I have been working with Janelle at Island Bliss Weddings and she has been wonderful. I would recommend you reach out to her for more information and then decide if this is what's right for you. Her website is www.islandblissweddings.com and she has a blog and many photos that you can link to, which will show you examples of weddings she has done in the past. Congratulations!

Ohio
reviews: 2
2. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

DMarx

Thank you for all your information. My niece just got engaged and would love to have a destination wedding which would be very costly for her and her friends/family. I'm exploring other options for her. St. Thomas would be lovely for a wedding and less of a hassle obtaining the license. Congratulations to you also!

orlando
reviews: 53
3. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

My daughter was married in St Thomas and we used Janelle from Island liss Weddings and she was great, her husband performed the ceremony and he was great also.

Allentown...
reviews: 83
4. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

I just got married last weekend in St. Thomas and used Island Bliss to plan my ceremony. I had my reception at Bolongo Beach Resort. Both couldn't have been any more perfect. Feel free to PM me with any questions. We stayed on the island and didn't do a cruise, but I can probably answer some of your questions or offer some tips if you like.

VA
reviews: 33
5. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

Congrats travelgurl79,

I would love to hear about your experience with the planning and coordination of the wedding! My fiance and I are trying to decide about a destionation wedding and are contemplating St. Thomas!

Any advice would be great!

Allentown...
6. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

You should definitely get married in St. Thomas! We had a fabulous experience! It's beautiful there and a fun honeymoon location, plus getting to check out other islands while staying there is a plus!

At first, it was difficult adjusting to the fact I was leaving my ceremony and reception in the hands of two separate people, but both coordinators did a fantastic job. Everything was how we pictured it. It's a lot of emailing back and forth with price quotes and ideas and I guarantee any stress involved is less than what would be experienced planning a wedding here at home! Janelle from Island Bliss really puts your mind at ease and if you're able to get him, see if her husband, Stuart Scott, can perform your ceremony. My guests raved about him, he was wonderful.

We got married on Limetree Beach, it has a lawn that overlooks the beach and it's very scenic. We used Blue Glass Photography and had pictures taken on the beach as well as in Charlotte Amaile. If you are interested in seeing some pictures, feel free to PM me your email address.

We had a pig roast reception on the beach at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort. The food and service were really top notch. Instead of music, we booked Pyros of the Caribbean that put on a really cool fire show.

As far as staying on the island, we rented a studio through VRBO, it's called Lion's Gate Getaway. Beautiful, secluded location on the mountain above Red Hook. Highly recommend it!

Let me know if you have any other questions. I could go on forever :)

VA
reviews: 33
7. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

Thanks Travelgurl79 ~ I will look into your suggestions....greatly appreciated!

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 35
8. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

I was at Bolongo last week to do a snorkel trip on the Heavenly Days catamaran, and after my sail, I saw a wedding on the property. I loved the fact that they brought the bride to the ceremony in a golf cart, and they had a "shoe check" at one of the palm trees, because it was a barefoot wedding! I have photos of the wedding "arch" and the "shoe check" if you'd like to see those. I didn't want to intrude on the privacy of the wedding party, so I didn't take photos of them.

I've also seen a wedding at Limetree, and it was beautiful, too, but Bolongo is better, IMO, for a one-stop wedding/reception location. Plus, Bolongo has live entertainment nightly and daily activities, so guests who might want to stay for a few days have lots of active options right at the resort.

PM me if you'd like to see the photos from Bolongo.

Allentown...
9. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

I had considered Bolongo for the ceremony too, but Limetree was just way too beautiful to pass up. I think it's more picturesque compared to Bolongo. It's also only 5 minutes away from Bolongo. The wedding planner at Bolongo is fantastic if you do opt for there. Her name is Lorie and there is also a group on Facebook called Bolongo Brides where you can share ideas and see various ceremony and reception set ups. You can even have weddings on the catamaran!

And of course, you're not limited to just those choices, other brides have chosen Magens, Lindquist, villas, etc for weddings and all look beautiful. There are so many great restaurants to have receptions at too. The possibilities are really endless :)

Naperville, Illinois
reviews: 5
10. Re: St. Thomas/St. John's Wedding

My wife and I just did a renewal of vows with Cheryl Toner and Wedding Set Go at Sapphire Beach. Every detail was covered and her team did an excellent job. Her services range from the budget minded all the way to a helicopter pickup. Quite a memory for the two of us, I would recommend Cheryl without hesitation.