We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

Which Frederiksted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
reviews: 3
compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

Can anyone list pros and cons of each?

I'm sure it varies according to which cottage. I see that Sand Castle is gay friendly and Cottages by the Sea might have more families. I'm OK either way with that. I did a search and found few comments indicating road noise is a problem at some of Sand Castle's rooms and that the walls are paper thin. However, some of that info was quite dated and I understand Sand Castle has new owners who have been doing renovations.

On the whole, is one fancier than the other?

Differences in strong a/c, hot water? Did read one post about no hot water that concerned me quite a bit. Thanks!

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
1. Re: compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

I wish I could help you Florida but we are East Enders and haven't any knowledge of the west end other than visiting on cruise ship days to see local artesans or driving up the coast line and going through the rain forest. I am sure some of the regulars will log on soon and I know that some of them have knowledge of Cottages and Sand Castles.

Arkansas
2. Re: compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

I have only stayed at Cottages but we love it! We love having our own space with a little kitchen and sitting area plus our own patio not to mention you walk straight out of your room onto the sand in most rooms. I have never stayed anywhere else closer to the beach with is nice. It's also a small facility so we haven't ever had issues with noise. The road there isn't busy so I don't think road noise should be an issue at either location. I live Cottages but it's important to note, it is not a 5 star resort, but it's very comfortable and exactly what we are looking for when staying there. We have stayed in 2 rooms and enjoyed both.

New Britain...
reviews: 19
3. Re: compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

We've stayed at both places. I prefer Cottages but stayed at Sand Castles at a lower price.

Paul has put in new AC in most of the cottages if not all. The new equipment is more efficient and really cools the room. If I could afford it I would only stay at Cottages.

Edited: 3:46 pm, November 19, 2013
4. Re: compare sand castle and cottages by the sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, February 12, 2015