We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
229 posts
89 reviews
No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

I am a mosquito / no see um magnet - they love me - so how bad are they in Feb/March ? We hope to stay at The Palms at Pelican Cove. Is it the usual Dawn and Dusk problem or will I be spared this time of year?

Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

Depends on how much rain there has been. We were there in January and didn't have any problems with the mosquitoes, but I did stay off the beach at dusk and dawn to avoid the no-see-um's. I sprayed my legs well and had very few bites. The bugs love me too.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
2. Re: No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

We were in St Croix December to March last winter. We soon learned that the wind is our friend, they blow the no seeums away. We weren't bothered with mosquitos but the no seeums got us regularily. Worst after a rain. Many restaurants have bug spray so if you happen to be getting bit don't hesitate to ask your waitress for the spray. At the EAT restaurant in Cane Bay they call it eau de St. Croix LOL .

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
1 review
3. Re: No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

I also attract mosquitoes. Last year we were on island from February through March and regularly (ok every night) we went down to the Palms and very seldom did I get bitten. If you sit at the back of the bar you stand a pretty good chance of being bitten regularly as there is no air moving. Last year was our 4th visit and the only fragrance I wear on island is "Ode to Off" which just about every bar and restaurant has sitting out. Just remember to be polite and step away from tables etc. when you spray down.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

They can be BAD, but DEET is safe (even for tiny infant babies!) and your best friend after dark...not just here, but in PR, ANU, or many of the other islands!

5. Re: No see ums/ mosquitos -Feb-March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted