We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rice, Texas
reviews: 8
Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

Wanted to see if there was any updated information on what times the ferry to the Hotel on the Cay run. My husband and I are planning a trip to St Croix in early November. We don't want to get stuck unable to check in if the flight comes in at night.

thanks

9 replies to this topic
Boston
reviews: 17
1. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

It runs all the time. If you are arriving late, after ,midnight or so, you need to let them know and they will sendt the ferry over when you arrive.

Durham, North...
reviews: 25
2. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

We're planning a trip in early December. I contacted the hotel directly and was informed that the ferry runs every 10 mins from 7am till midnight. Complimentary to Hotel on the Cay guests.

Durham, North...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

We're planning a trip in early December. I contacted the hotel directly and was informed that the ferry runs every 10 mins from 7am till midnight. Complimentary to Hotel on the Cay guests.

Sandwich...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

I will be staying at Hotel on the Cay in early November '14......I am a a Senior Lady with minimal physical disability. i'm hoping the Ferry has a little ramp to embark and disembark. Can anyone tell me? I used to teach in STX almost 50 years ago.....and am Very Thrilled to be going back for a visit!!!!

Ontario's Near...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

It is not all that big of a boat and I think you basically just step down into the boat. I will try find a picture of when we were on it last winter and send it to you in a private message so that you can see. The driver does help you as you get in.

Edited: 6:47 pm, August 15, 2014
6. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, August 16, 2014

Sandwich...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

Thank You LakehouseMom. I will look for your picture(s)...of the HOTC boat......and any others that you would like to share!!! I hope you enjoyed STX.....as well as Hotel on the Cay. I have to say, knowing the boat is still the little dingy that it was those many years ago, concerns me......but I will have to find a way. I was hoping they had moved up to a small boat with a ramp. (I wear a leg brace...and my leg does not easily adapt to stepping down into a wobbly boat....or up either!!!) However, I am still very excited to be going back to my old hometown from 50 years ago!!!! {;-D

Boston
8. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

It is not a dinghy. but it does not have a ramp, they are steps and the captain will help you get in and out.

Boston
9. Re: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay

Also there are stairs to most of the rooms and also the office. FYI

Reply to: Ferry times to Hotel on the Cay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted