We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 73
Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

I usually am pretty loyal to Hertz rental car but wondering if some of the local agencies are better on St. Croix. We will be vacationing in St. Croix for a week next April. We are a family of 4 (two boys ages 8 and 14) and usually rent a Nissan Sentra/Toyota Corolla type vehicle, but also interested in maybe a small SUV like a Ford Escape.

26 replies to this topic
Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
1. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

We have always rented from Centerline and have had no problems with them. They are conveniently located right at the airport and you also return your car to the airport. Just park and lock and leave it in the lot. www.ccrvi.com They have a wide variety of cars available.

New York
reviews: 73
2. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

Thanks so much for the info/response, I appreciated it.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 96
3. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

I have always used Hertz on STX but this year the new manager raised their rates. Everyone has has good things to say about Centerline and Judy. So I'll be using Centerline in a few weeks.

St Croix
reviews: 2
4. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

I would never recommend Olympic (ACE)

You have to call them on arrival and it sometimes takes over an hour for them to get to the airport.

Then they take you to their office in Christiansted to get the car.

A lot of wasted time.

Glenmoore...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

We rented a CRV/Rav 4 type car from Judy in March. The whole experience was excellent. We called when we landed and someone was there to meet us. My husband went with them to pick up the car and was back by the time we retrieved our bags. Will rent with them again.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 98
6. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

Most people on this board really like Centerline and Judi. Many have not had good experiences with Olympic. We have rented with Centerline (having them bring the car to the Buccaneer when we want one) and this past year rented for two weeks with Hertz. We found that the Hertz rates were comparable to Centerline and my husband is Gold with Hertz so that tipped it in their favor.

So basically, you are fine going with whomever gives you the best rate.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
7. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

We have always rented from Centerline since they bailed us out in '07 on our first trip when Budget really messed us over and did not have a car for us when we arrived.

For our May trip we decided to try Judi of Croix just so we would have experience with another local option. Based on reviews we expected cars and service comparable to Centerline. The reservation phase was very easy. I spoke with one of the owners and she immediately sent me a quote. The rate was only just slightly higher than Centerline for a comparable size vehicle so we decided to give them a try. The Camry they brought to the airport was a mess. Filthy exterior and interior and a damaged dashboard - looked like someone had taken a hammer and chisel to it from one end to the other. The dirt was not just from a previous rental - it was ground in. Seats were stained, carpets grubby and stained. The brakes and acceleration were iffy and some warning lights came on and went off. We took the car as their airport greeter, Floyd, told us that he didn't have anything else at the moment, we were very tired after a long travel day, it was raining, and we just wanted to get to the villa. We told Floyd that unless they had another better vehicle for us that we would be returning the vehicle the next day and changing to another rental agency. Over the next 24 hours we had several calls from both Floyd and Michelle at Judi telling us they were trying to get us another vehicle for a swap out. The owners were off island at that time and they were holding down the fort. Michelle delivered a small SUV to where we were staying, telling us it was an upgrade. It, too, had very dirty interiors and warning lights on which we were told not to pay any attention to at all. It was better than the Camry and ran better so we kept the vehicle as we did not want to waste any more time on the transaction.

All in, I would say that the customer service at Judi was great and that Floyd and Michelle really tried to take care of us but that the company just does not seem to have the clean, late model inventory comparable to Centerline's cars (or the number of cars available). This was a low season transaction, too, so I wonder how things would be in the busy high season. Sad to say that our experience with Judi of Croix was a one and done for us. We probably should try Avis for the airline miles but we will be going back to Centerline for our next visit.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 6
8. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

We rented from Avis on our trip in January. It was a Neon. Pick up and drop off were quick & easy. Car was clean and we drove all over the island. Mid week the car wouldn't start. We called Avis, who sent someone to check it out. Dead battery, which they replaced. They gave us credit for that day. I will use them again on next trip to STX

30,000 Feet
9. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

Does Hertz in STX (which I understand is privately owned and not a regular Hertz corporate locations) do anything special for President's Circle of Five Star members?

New Britain...
reviews: 19
10. Re: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand

I used Centerline for several years but got tired of filling out their form everytime. There is no way to set up an account on line with them. Can't complain about their service. Tried Judi some years ago. Service was good, equal to Centerline. No problem with the car. Now, for the last 5 years I've used Skyline. I can save their form on my computer and update the info that needs to be changed each trip. Plus their prices are a little lower than anyone else I've checked.

They are also very flexible. Two years ago I reserved the wrong sized car. I mistakenly asked for the "clown" car when we had 4 people and luggage in our party. Erica took me from the airport to their office which is just up the road from Centerllne, and swapped me into a more appropriate sized

car.. I will be using them again this fall.

Reply to: Which airport Car Rental - Judy, Olympic, or Name Brand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted