We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

My son and DIL will be visiting St. Croix the first week of March. He plans on scuba diving. What dive shops are the best on the island? He is staying at the Marriott but will have a rental car.

Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
New Britain...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

There is a dive shop on the property at the Carambola that might work for your son and DIL. However, my son and DIL really enjoyed diving with N2the Blue. They are in Frederickstednear the pier, behind Polly's and Scotia bank.

Tampa, Florida
2. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

Thanks. I would think the one not at the resort would be cheaper and perhaps better. Any particular sites?? Thanks.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 177
3. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

There is also a good dive shop at Cane Bay, which is a great place to dive. The wall is located there and it's walk-in diving. I've seen them do the same at Carambola. We've also used S.C.U.B.A. out of C'sted for a combined dive/snorkel and they are great. You might want to go to Things to Do and check reviews of the dive shops on island.

Tampa, Florida
4. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

Thanks. Those are good suggestions and I didn't know I could check the reviews!!! Many thanks.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 87
5. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

You can shore dive the wall right at the Carambola with or without a DM from the on-site shop. It's an easy dive for the experienced. I highly recommend it. Shore dive will always be cheaper than boat dive so I wouldn't be concerned with cost on that. But if your planning on more than a few dives that will get old. The on-site shop doesn't have a boat far as I know. So venture out to F'sted, Cane Bay, or C'sted. Anchor Dive used to run out of Salt River not far from Carambola but I think they closed:( So I have to find a new shop.

Windsor, New York
reviews: 1
6. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

N2 the Blue! Voted best on St.Croix. I have made 25 dive's with them, super nice to dive with. They are locate at the Pier in Fredricksted and have a 2nd boat at Salt River.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 87
7. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

How long has N2 the Blue been diving out of Salt River? I didn't see them last time I was there. Perhaps they took over Anchor Dive's spot.

Pelham...
reviews: 3
8. Re: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?

I did my discover dive with Dive Experience 15 years ago. I have been back to St Croix every year since and continue to dive with them.

Michelle P., Sam, Gary, Michelle S. and the rest of the crew are attentive to diver's needs regardless of experience. They are very safety oriented during all aspects of the dive.

Their knowledge of the local under water world and the diversity of dive sites make each dive a wonderful experience.

If you are lucky Skeeter, the diving dog, will entertain you during your surface interval.

Whatever your diving skill is, from discover diver to experienced diver, Dive Experience is the way to go.

Reply to: Best scuba diving outfit on the island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted