We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colony Cove

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delaware
reviews: 1
Colony Cove

Looking at condos for St. Croix in March 2014. Will be our first time there. Does anyone have any input on the Colony Cove condo area? Looking for a safe area and near the beach. Thanks, Stacey & Dave

4 replies to this topic
Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
1. Re: Colony Cove

Here is a site with reviews on Colony Cove tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147402-d150965…

Colony Cove is located in Condo Row and is about 15 minutes from downtown Christiansted.

Hope this sites helps

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 85
2. Re: Colony Cove

I looked at condo row when I was there last week and was not too impressed with the outside. Colony Cove has short beach frontage and the beach has washed out although the beach at the condo right next door is fairly large and fine. Colony cove is gated as is the Mill Harbor and the condo on the other side of Colony. The one at the end wasn't gated so we were able to get to the beach to have a look around and walk down to colony to have a look.

Take a look at Pelican Cove Beach Condos, much more of a resort feel plus Pelican Cove hotel is right next door with restaurant. Pelican cove is not far from condo row. The area around both is about the same, low key residential.

Pottsville...
3. Re: Colony Cove

hello,

you can book at the hibiscus beach resort. My boyfriend and I are from Pennsylvania and went to St. Croix for the first time last November...we had the most amazing 7 days of our life. This time we have booked a condo at Colony Cove which is what you asked about...all the reviews from former guests were great and the deal couldn't be better.....not only did we get an amazing deal for a two bedroom condo, we have the use of their ford explorer for the week. If you would like more info check out their website...www.stxbeachrental.com. We leave next Tuesday and can't wait to be back in beautiful STX. You will fall in love.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
4. Re: Colony Cove

Scubadoo has a great suggestion with Pelican Cove Condos. We stayed there and loved it. Great pool. Not great water access from the beach; you need to walk a short distance to Palms at Pelican Cove (hotel and restaurant). In front of the restaurant is an opening in the reef so you can swim and snorkel.

My one concern is that Colony Cove's TA reviews are dominated by people who only have a handful of reviews. One of my search criteria on TA is to give more weight to reviews from people who have traveled to many places (and hopefully some Caribbean travel). The more travel, the more realistic the traveler, the more I "trust" the review.

Don't be afraid to send a private message to reviewers, too. Ask them specific questions about location, ease of getting to C'sted, amenities at the complex, what they liked or did not like. The most important question: would they stay there again and if not, why.

I've also heard good things about Gentle Winds condos, located close to Cane Bay, where there are several restaurants and beach bars.

Reply to: Colony Cove
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted