We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, Virginia
Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

We are heading out to STX next week! We will be there on July 5th, and are thinking about checking out the Jump Up festival. Here is some information I found about it:

"Downtown Christiansted Description:Jump Up starts at 6 pm and vendors stay until around 10 pm. Stores stay open late and offer sales, while food and drink vendors line the streets. Artisans sell their crafts, and steel pan bands and live music play on every corner. Mocko Jumbies come out and dance in the streets."

Has anyone here been to this festival in the past? How was it? Anything to keep an eye out for? Is it safe for a my wife (who is 7 months pregnant)? It sounds like a festival, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a wild party, or anything like that.

We are big time foodies, and the food/drink vendors at the festival sound awesome! If you have any other suggestions for local/authentic food that we must try while we are there, that would be awesome! We are staying at the Buckaneer.

Wilmington, North...
reviews: 31
11. Re: Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

We will be visiting St. Croix from July 8-15 and we will be at the Jump Up on the 12th. Maybe it's an every Friday event. I have no idea what it's going to be like.

Wake Forest, North...
reviews: 88
12. Re: Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

I think the jump-up that was on 7/5 was originally scheduled for 7/12. (There isn't one on the calendar for 7/5) I don't think it's even a monthly event let alone every Friday.

Just got back from Mango Melee, it's even more of a party than jump up, only without the Mocko Jumbies.

I think there were more people at Mango Melee than at the jump up and that's not to say there weren't plenty at the jump up. We lucked out and got a parking spot on the grounds at 2PM.

Groves, Texas
reviews: 1
13. Re: Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

There are 4 Jump Up's a year. February (sometime around Valentines Day), May (during the Triathalon), July (around the 4th?) and November (to start off High Season). July is usually the lowest attended from what I've heard only because of less people on island. We've been to ones in February and May and had a ball. Just missed Mango Melee 2 yrs ago and really want to schedule a trip back when that's happening. I love St Croix in the summer months.

Paula

14. Re: Jump Up Festival 2013 / Local food suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014