We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
hotel or B&B near boardwalk

My daughters boyfriend is flying in to Christiansted to interview at a PA school there. He will be only staying a couple of nights at the end of Jan. The school told him to stay

near the boardwalk so he would be close to restaurants.. He will not have a rental car. So any recommendations would be appreciated. I was leaning toward a B&B so he would at least get his breakfast included. But at this point either would be fine.

Thanks, Laurie

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
1. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Hotel on the Cay. It's on an island right across from the boardwalk, accessible by the hotel's launch. There's a pretty little beach on the property, a restaurant, and pool. http://www.hotelonthecay.com/ There are water sports, jet skis, etc., and if he is a diver he can pick up a dive boat right on the boardwalk.

Michigan
2. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Thanks for suggesting that one, I will let him know, he wants to book something today. Before it gets any closer :)

Thank you!

Michigan
3. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Hotel Cay is booked! thanks again :)

Northof Boston
reviews: 31
4. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

I stayed at Club Commanche last year as a solo traveler- LOVED it. Affordable, centrally located, really comfortable, and a bar right on the premises for a night cap. ( depending on how old he is!)- he can take a quick boat ride over to Hotel on the Cay to use their beach. Good Luck!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 28
5. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

i just stayed at Kings Alley suite 309 is the best suite with a view of the harbor. We could watch the Seaplanes land at the Seaborne landing port. It was really cool. We had a deck to sit out and watch the boardwalk action. We took the ferry over to the Hotel on the Cay and used the beach and bar. I really liked it. It was $5.00 to take the ferry. I would stay again. We did 2 days on the boardwalk and a week at Smugglers Retreat Villa. It was awesome.

reviews: 32
6. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Just returned from the Hotel on the Cay. What a great place!! Ferry was always within seconds away when we needed it....no fee as we were guests. Beach chairs and towels always available for our use too. Just 90 seconds away from the Boardwalk....lots of good restaurants to choose from. Ate breakfast at Rumrunners and Angry Nates.....both were good. Make sure he books his taxi through the hotel with Rudy.....cheap and reliable. The hotel also offers several tours and trips during the week. Your daughter's boyfriend will love it.

Houston, Texas
7. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

I went to check out Hotel on the Cay last time I was in C'sted. It is a falling down dump. It needs a hurricane to come thru and renovate it. My lord I would really be pissed if I were to be convinced to stay in this hotel. Siding was falling off the side of the building,and there was some sort of dried up fountain. It did have a good view, but it needs some fixing up BAD.

Edited: 1:01 pm, January 23, 2013
Saint Louis...
reviews: 1
8. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

Hotel on the Cay is located in a awesome spot, however, it is a bit run down.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 28
9. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

We used the beach and bar at HOTC and met some folks that were time share owners. They took my husband into a storage room that had all new Kohler bathroom fixtures and they are slowly trying to update this property. They had a lovely bar room and grill area with a view that was awesome. I did not go into the actual units, but I am interested in it as a future option. Downtown is fun, I enjoyed that part of my recent stay very much.

Boston
reviews: 17
10. Re: hotel or B&B near boardwalk

HOTC is not for everyone, but for those that it suits it is a great place. It is in the best location, it is clean, safe and a very reasonable price. The beach is nice and there is a bar/restaurant on site for breakfast and lunch, plus you have all the shops and restaurants of Christiansted right at your doorstep. If you are looking for a 5* resort, you will definitely not be happy here. The reviews are pretty reflective of what it is actually like.